1 Viper = 2 wrecks

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, our local Viper car Club is having it's monthly meeting tonight about 10 miles from my house. I decide to avoid the interstates and take the major roads to the meeting place. My car is getting all kinds of looks and the Thumbs up signal. I am on a 2 lane street on the fast line coming up to a stoplight with 1 car way in front of me already stopped. I look over next to me and there are several cars starting to slow down. As I approach these cars on the other lane and car comes flying up next tom me with his foot on the brakes and hits the car ahead of him doing about 20 MPH. The person that got hit looks over at me and shakes his head knowing the other guy was staring at my car.

I come home and am in a turning left lane awaiting for it to tune green. In the lane next to me is a single car awaiting for it to tune green when out of the blue another car plows into the back of him same reason.

Driving this car is making me nervous 2 wrecks in one night.

Bruce

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least it wasn't you! hope no one was hurt.

Viper - not only a car that stops traffic, it actually causes it!

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear it wasn't your car getting smashed . Always gonna be people not paying attention , texting , doing there make up what ever .

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sooner or later things like that happen to us Viper owners.:rolleyes:

I had 2 accidents so far happening around me - the reason was that the drivers starred at the Viper and did not pay attention to traffic any more.:drive:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year I was at a stop light near home and the same thing happened. I was in the left turning lane waiting for my left turn arrow, when out of the blue some younger drivers in a Pathfinder coming towards me, blew the redlight and T-Boned the car going through the interection. It then spun that Pathfinder around and when it came to a stop, it was only about two feet from my driver's door. I rolled the window down, undid my seat belt and reached out the window to touch that Pathfinder's door.

Before the accident, I clearly saw the passenger pointing at my car and all the youngsters in the Pahfinder start looking at it and not what was going on. No one seriously hurt which was good.

I thanked my lucky stars, wiped the broken glass chunks off my car, gave my statement to the police, drove home and threw my shorts away.

They looked very young, but had 5 people in the car. I think they should just make texting illegal, and young driver's should not be allowed to have other young drivers in the car or limit the number.

Glad to see you and the car are safe.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably happens to Viper owners more than we realize. Happened to mo also. Guy in a real POS il old Honda was staring while turning into a QT gas station, he hit the curb, blew out the tire, went over the curb stopped. All to my amusement. Oh well. The price for being near a cool car like the Viper.

How many of us in the past have almost hit the car in front of us while checking out a hottie walking on the street?

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many of us in the past have almost hit the car in front of us while checking out a hottie walking on the street?

I was just thinking that.

Sometimes, because I live in a rural area, a vehicle ahead of me on the highway is so busy looking at me in his rearview mirrors that they weave back and forth like a drunk driver - and many of times have drifted over to the shoulder spewing rock and gravel up onto the road. I have learned to stay way back so I don't get the gravel on the hood and windshield.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They looked very young, but had 5 people in the car. [...] young driver's should not be allowed to have other young drivers in the car or limit the number.

While I appreciate your story and can understand your frustration, I just wanted to point out that I severally disagree with ad-hoc legislation such as this. As a young person myself, I think it is reckless to suggest legislation which affects all as a result of the brash actions of a few.

Putting your logic on something that we can all relate to a little bit better should help explain my disappointment with this mind set which seems to be taking our country by storm. Consider the following statement:

“Excessive horsepower in modern sports cars have caused many accidents. Therefore, any car with more than 200hp should not be allowed on the road.”

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, im sure this has happend to many of us, but 2 times in one day, that is crazy.

Hey, how about posting a pic of this Viper that stops traffic?:)

haha, yea, especially in college & beach towns:omg:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Your cars is a looker. It stops traffic! ;)

And as for texting illegal, it was done that way here in Ontario. Nothing changed. Instead of people holding the phone up to see it better, they hold it on their lap so now they have to gaze down.....

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be clear, I was mostly talking about the second part of Coloviper's statement. I modified the quote to reflect this.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The other day two very young chicks in a small car coming the opposite lane slowed down and blown a kiss at me . I'm sure it was about the car ,cause I'm over 60 :rolaugh:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can appreciate your opinion Wolf but don't twist my words or put words in my mouth to suit your purpose. I made no such statement as your alternative scenerio as I would never say that, nor agree with that. HP has nothing to do with accidents. Bad and inexperienced or DISTRACTED drivers cause accidents.

My point was "majority" of younger drivers at those young ages of 16 or 17 have never had responsible adults to learn from and most have not been driving under supervision for a few years prior. They just do not respect speed, attention or safety. Just as with a drinking age of 21 in the US, it is there to protect the "majority" from themselves and their inexperienced actions. I know a number of good responsible young drivers who also respect alcohol, that are not the problem, but even they make comments about some of the bad younger drivers on the road.

If you are 16 and a good responsible driver, I applaud you, but even you need to understand you are in the minority these days. BTW you are in a Viper so you can only have one passenger.

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As stated by Mopar Boy Ontario got laws. BC now has the toughest drinking driving laws in the country and we got texting, no handheld devices to be used whiel driving. Illegal to text, answer the phone or use your ipod if you're driving.

No difference except that Japans economy got a boost when every Bluetooth stereo and earpiece in every stereo and Walmart store got bought out in the last month before the law.

If you drink and drive here they'll take you car and sell it, then toss you into jail. speeding is getting to be very expensive.

Our Premier got busted for impaired driving while in Hawaii (didn't want the super expensive Limo driven by his guards???). Our Minister of Public Safety started a speeding crackdown and then resigned because he got 3 Excessive Speeding tickets (no not a SAFE car like a viper - his would have had little brakes) and I guess that's why us Citizens are getting roasted? We're being punished for the Government losers crimes?

I now have Bluetooth in 3 of my cars. Still no accidents for me.

Ted

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost had the same thing happend to me yesterday. A van almost plowed in to stopped trafic in the lane beside me, while my lane was going well. All I heard his tires locking up. Good there was no BANG after.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was picking my wife up from work about 12 years ago..I parked my 1998 camaro right behind her isuzu rodeo..

Well she told me to move the rodeo..As I prepared to back up to get out of the tight side street stall I noticed two very beautiful women walking down the side walk..

And you guessed it..Completely forgetting were i parked my camaro I backed up right into it..Two damaged vehicles..Wife was very unhappy and would have been madder if she knew the truth..

The moral of the story is dont look directly at beautiful women or vipers when driving..Those curves will get ya!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was picking my wife up from work about 12 years ago..I parked my 1998 camaro right behind her isuzu rodeo..

Well she told me to move the rodeo..As I prepared to back up to get out of the tight side street stall I noticed two very beautiful women walking down the side walk..

And you guessed it..Completely forgetting were i parked my camaro I backed up right into it..Two damaged vehicles..Wife was very unhappy and would have been madder if she knew the truth..

The moral of the story is dont look directly at beautiful women or vipers when driving..Those curves will get ya!

You should never be behind the wheel of any car.:nono::nono::nono:

Didn't you wreck 2 of your previous Vipers too :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread needs to be shut down. This is going to cause our insurance rates to go up. Stop flaunting your Viper around!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the culprit. I was just behind the wheel.

IMG_2483.JPG

Bruce

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I caused a minor one last weekend. I was pulling into a gas station and a guy backing out of a parking space was staring at my car and backed into the poles that protect the gas pumps. It screwed up the back of his car pretty good. The girl with me said "that guy just backed into the pumps". I had a slight smile because I had read this thread not too long before that. The best part though was when he got out to check out the damage. He looked at his car and said "damn, that's embarrassing. I love your car though"!

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand some states are considering legislation that would make it illegal to drive your Viper unless you first disguise it as a Corvette. No one looks at Corvettes and hence the public would be much safer. :D :drive:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact is, if you weren't driving the Viper those two accidents wouldn't have happened. In our society lawyers and judges like to divert as much blame as possible from the actual perpetrator. You'll probably get sued.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You can't legislate stupid out of the morons of the world, all the rules in place and there is still crime, drugs, prostitution etc. Give me a break. People will always break the law, sometimes simply because it is there to break.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best crash story ever and no one got hurt. I'm pulling out of my friend's car dealership with my 1941 Pro Street Willys about to make a left onto a two lane road. To my right along the curb is a new car hauler dropping a load of cars and of course the ramps are down. From my left is an old Nissan coming at around 30mph with what looked like an 18 year old kid driving. He is practically hanging out the passenger window checking out my car and I see him doing this but am totally naive to what is about to happen! This kid drove his right side wheels up the left side ramp of the carrier and proceeded to hit the huge frame pillar dead center of his car w/out ever hitting the brakes. Well my first thought is geez where is the carrier driver and my second thought is the kid alright. Well thankfully no one was hurt and as it turned out it was the funniest accident I have ever seen especially when the kid got out and had that "dude where's my car" look as I thing he was stoned.