10,000 no probems miles on my SRT

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my SRT a year ago in March and yesterday hit the 10,000 mark. Other than the power steering and light recalls have not had a problem. I am now ready to test drive the SRT coupe as soon as Dodge makes it. Hopefully we will see it at VOI8

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, you guys in the southern climates have ALL the fun! Got mine January 18th of last year and have only around 5800 miles on it. Not sure why, as I was clipping 10,000 miles a year on the GTS. Other than a couple minor initial build issues, have had no problems at all. Even the recall items didn't seem to materialize here (lights, etc.). Actually, take that back: I did get the bog issue fixed last week with a computer reflash. So far, so good!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine will be a year old in May. 6900 miles with no problems other than a water leak into the interior, which was fixed sucessfully under warranty, first try. A great car!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
325 miles, no problems yet other than the "suspected" brake booster... that never repeated. Dealer has a spare ready just in case.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1189 easy and fun miles, but problems galore, some of which are very serious. Fourteen days in shop and counting.

gowings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad has about 493 miles on his 03. Issues on car are the following-fuel pump sending unit went... We were driving one day and the fuel delivery unit shut off. We got out and we were hearing a chycling noise from the rear. Something wasn't right. Aside from all of that there is nothing to report on.

badsnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Traded in my '96 RT/10 last August with 72,000 miles, all mine (and some cop buddies), on a black '03 SRT. Over 6,000 miles so far and no complaints; 1/2 those miles moderately hard. Build time was August 2003, so it was between the valve recall and the cam bolt issue. Old surgical training saying: "better lucky than good".

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,
Transpose the question: can YOU handle driving the Viper each day? The car can handle it but there are issues for you such as possibility of someone inflicting intentional damage, rain conditions, cramped cockpit, limited trunkspace, etc. May not meet your needs.

richandkelly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graphite,

Interesting thought. I live in central to southern California so rain is a non-issue, however the cramped cockpit makes for a valid point. Thanks for your insight. The dealer told me that the car was built with the intention of driving 6000 miles per year. My question was based on that statement.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It certainly could be done but this was not the purpose for its creation. I once decided to ride my m/c everywhere I went and that soon got old, though it was theoretically possible.
Frankly, there are days when I need and prefer, my Jeep.
(It would be interesting reading to hear from someone who drove his/her Viper everywhere.)
Another issue, besides practicality is cost. I guarantee you that if I had a $250K Ferrari, I would have a ****** to drive to Walmart.