$100,500 1999 Rt/10 ?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not a penny more than $18K...

that car has been around a long time, been the brunt of so many jokes its not funny

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carfax says one owner... Could be stuck on one for a very long time...

Funny thing is that when I woke up this morning I was thinking that I should buy a Viper so I could do just this:

"Take the hood off mount it on the wall and put a new hood on the car; its still worth another $60 or $70k."

Brilliant !

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao::rolaugh::lmao:

The description is priceless....

Is it for a painting by a very famous artist...(That I have never heard of....:rolleyes:) or a grossly overpriced car....

Like PLUM said... $18K maybe. Need to make sure you have enough money set aside to get the car painted before delivery...:dunno:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pics didn't even have a good view of the dolphins. I thought for sure that it would have been repainted by now.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny.. if you search VCA site, there's 148 pages with references to the word dolphin beginning in 2001, 25 posts per page is 3700!

Crikey, make it 3701.. I just added another! :omg:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few of my favorite quotes from the add:

The price tag to paint the Viper was over $150,000.

perhaps the finest quality flame job of all time.

The are a few minor paint flaws

That thing looks like it was following a giant flock of geese.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We must be getting old Plum. It's hard to believe there is a Viper owner anywhere in the world that has not seen the Remster's car.:rolaugh:
Ah, yes, the saddest, longest-running tale of woe in the history of Viperdom; a perfectly good ( well, maybe) Snake turned into a white elephant by the wierdest, fugliest paint job ever conceived ( much less actually applied to a car!). Still out there in e-bay limbo, too (where else would it be?). By the way, does anyone know whatever happened to the Remster?

Someone mentioned $18,000. Too generous. I think I'd offer $16,000 and not a penny more, just to put the poor car out of its misery with a new paint job. As for the idea of saving that hood as a "wall ornament", not such a good idea; I think I'd puke every time I saw it, and recalled that ever being on a Viper! Maybe you could donate it to some art museum, and get a tax write-off out of it......:lmao:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the Dolphins, but I am a fan of Lassen's landscape paintings. I have a print of "Escape" hanging on my wall right now.

You must be registered for see images

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that's too much! I followed the old link that carguy07 put up in the thread and found that the Remster (thankfully:lmao:) created a page of advice on how to be successful enough to afford a $150,000 paint job! some of the highlights for me:

"- school is your friend - even if it's hard and some things ****, trust me, if you don't find a way to like or cope with school, things will **** much worse down the road! Teachers are human. They can be weird and stuff. But they hold keys that you need, so be nice to them!
- start poor and nerdy, and blossom to be rich and cool - hard work pays, and then you can afford the toys and clothes and the gym membership, and the personal Chef to cook you balanced meals. Then check on your old friends who were rich and cool, and turned out to become poor and nerdy. If they were total idiots then, it's ok to snicker. But then help them out."

...and my personal favorite part that he certainly hadn't thought of BEFORE handing off the car to the Picasso-of-the-Pacific...

" - try to visualize things vividly in your head before you act. That takes time, it's not always needed, but when you master this tool, it is very useful. Plus it's a good brain exercise which will increase your power in every area."

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but is that painted on black velvet?

Not a clue, I just have the print. I saw an original in the gallery in Maui and it looked really good. They had spotlights on them with dimmers and the affect with the waves as the lighting changes is amazing.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the Dolphins, but I am a fan of Lassen's landscape paintings. I have a print of "Escape" hanging on my wall right now.

You must be registered for see images
I have a few too. Lassen paintings are very unique! But the Viper or any other vehicle in my opinion is not the place for his work. If it was truly done by him I'm sure it's worth something extra to the right person??? But not "that extra"! At most, something a little less dominating like a small detail on the hood or trunk not the whole (1/2) car! :dunno: Maybe a VW Beetle with a surfboard on top??? :D

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i remember Remsters car first time around, its no fine wine and hasnt got better with age

i just dont get art, who'd sign off a mix of dolphins with meteorites just seems an very odd thing to me, even with a load of spare cash to burn that cant be right

time for a wrap and cover it all up, its just plain nasty looking