10k Tune-up/Service guidelines?

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aloha all, as some of you may or may not know, I recently acquired a 97 Viper GTS with about 10,755mi. I am planning to freshen her up upon receipt later this week and was hoping to get some advice from the forum. I did a search and was unable to locate the answers I'm searching for, so hopefully this will serve as a potential resource thread for others in the future.

I figure we start with some easy stuff and please feel free to add in stuff I missed.

What are the recommended (Optimal) choices for the following:

Power steering fluid
Brake fluid
Trans fluid
Rear Diff fluid
Oil filter (Manuf/part#)
Spark plugs for N/A
Spark plug wires

Thanks in advance gang! :2tu:

Last edited:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many Choices....

Power steering fluid-
Mopar Power Steering Fluid (SM) (Mopar #4883077); Redline; Mopar PSF "All Climate" (#5010304AA)

Brake fluid-
DOT 4 conforming (SM), e.g., Mopar DOT 4 Brake/Clutch Fluid #4549625; Motul 600, Castrol SRF (not for more than 18 months else corrodes, per many sources), or AP600; Valvoline synthetic

Trans fluid-
Dexron III (SM) (use Castrol instead, per many); Castrol Syntorque LT (Mopar #4874459) (per Jack B) (not for 92/93 Vipers per Ron)

Rear Diff fluid-
Mopar High Performance Synthetic Axle Lube SAE 75 W/140 (MS-8985) (Mopar #4874469) (SM)
Dont forget about the Mopar Gear Additive (Mopar #4318060AB) (SM)

Oil filter (Manuf/part#)-
Mopar M-090 or 05037836

Spark plugs for N/A-
Champion RC12LYC or RC12ECC

Spark plug wires-
I'd personally recommend Quality Wires, but you have other options such as Taylor, MSD, etc

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
cyaford - Thanks for the post brutha.

Perhaps I posted my intial question wrong.....I should have asked what are you using in your Viper.

Bill - Got it my friend. Thank you.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Power steering fluid-Mopar
Brake fluid-Valvoline Synthetic stuff ???
Trans fluid-the Synthetic stuff (can't remember)
Rear Diff fluid-Mopar w/additive
Oil filter (Manuf/part#)-Mopar
Spark plugs for N/A-Champions
Spark plug wires-AB's Quality Wires

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cyaford - Thanks for the post brutha.

Perhaps I posted my intial question wrong.....I should have asked what are you using in your Viper.

Bill - Got it my friend. Thank you.

Gotcha. I think everyone uses a different combination. I "stole" those off of an older list I found a while back when I was looking to change my fluids.

I went with all Mopar stuff, basically the first option in the list I gave earlier. The only exception was the plugs and wires. I went with the RC12ECC plugs and Taylor wires. I'll stick with the RC12ECC plugs and switch to Ab's Quality Wires on the next change. For reference, I have a '97 GTS with minor bolt-ons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960