12 hours of Homestead, drivers needed

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When: April 9/10/11

Where: Homestead Motor Speedway

What: SCCA 12 Hour Enduro

You need to hold an SCCA regional competition license. our team came in 1st & 2nd in ITS last year & we are in this to win it. We have 2 cars available, a state of the art spec Miata ( built for large drivers) & the 2003 race winning 944 porsche.

E mail me for details [email protected]

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like once a year you offer this opportunity. I hope you keep doing it because one of these years I'm going to take you up on it.

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we had a blast @ the 24 hours two years ago, jimmy Green & Mike hartley joined us, Last year was a heartbreaker, we broke a halfshaft @ the 9.5 hour mark with a 20 minute lead , took us 40 minutes to change & we were 19 minutes down at the checkered(still in 2nd)

This event is a blast, the cars are fun & the track is first class. This is my 4th year doing the 12 hour plus florida enduro's & I m hooked for life. Too bad Moroso pulled the plug on the 24 hour.

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like we have one car as VCA only line up, There may be another car avalable, I will confirm on 3/25.

Hey Joe Ellis are you out there??

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Results, after 12 hours it came down to the last lap, @ the 11th hour we were 4 laps down to the first place car, they were running 10 seconds a lap faster than we were all day but we were getting better gas milage. With 40 minutes left the lead car had a brake change & we were now behind 1 lap & 40 seconds, with 8 minutes to go, the lead car had a flat! We were now 1 lap ahead in first, the lap befor the white flag, our car started sputtering...OUT OF GAS, we made it into the pits for a splash & go & finished right behind the leader going under the chekered flag!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Results, after 12 hours it came down to the last lap, @ the 11th hour we were 4 laps down to the first place car, they were running 10 seconds a lap faster than we were all day but we were getting better gas milage. With 40 minutes left the lead car had a brake change & we were now behind 1 lap & 40 seconds, with 8 minutes to go, the lead car had a flat! We were now 1 lap ahead in first, the lap befor the white flag, our car started sputtering...OUT OF GAS, we made it into the pits for a splash & go & finished right behind the leader going under the chekered flag!

Damn exciting Pete. Congrats.