1989 Viper concept idling

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's increadible how close the concept resembles the actual production car. And those wheels are out of this world...amazing what they achieved with the Viper :headbang:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an incredible post. Never heard the concept run let alone seen it moving! Thanks for posting!!!!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, that's a beautiful car. I like the pipes you can see in the side vents. What are those?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the car has ever moved faster than 20 mph. Most concepts are only built to do 40 tops!

--RS

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the car has ever moved faster than 20 mph. Most concepts are only built to do 40 tops!

--RS

The tires most likely do not even have a tread rating. Didn't the Gen 3 competition coupe concept have hand carved rubber tires?

OP
OP
D

DtRockstar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember: The original V-8 car was white. There were several developmental red cars. The headers showing in the gills were a handbuilt job that were only seen on the original red prototype.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but you're all wrong.

The original showcar had 2 V-8 engines sawn apart and soldered back together to make a real V-10. The red car pictured IS that one. Then, there was VM-01 (white - I believe) also named Felicity, that was powered by a V-8 and used for suspension development. It's the one Iaccoca was pulled over in by Detroit PD when he decided to give the "GO" for Viper production. VM-02 is known as the Sedona car, it was used by Bob Lutz to take magazine writers for rides in Sedona, AZ. It was powered by a purpose-built V-10.