20/21 HRE's on a SRT-10 Vert

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These pics popped up on another site, so I figured I would post them here. I don't know the owner, or the car...but the 21s have been getting a lot of attention here lately, so it's at least topical :)

I know the look isn't for everyone, and I'm not particularly crazy over the colormatched lip, but I think we can all agree a nice Mesh set of HREs aren't ghetto:rolaugh: I wish he had upgraded to IndyCar brakes too...oh well

HRE 790R's
20x10
21x13
Color Matched Lip
Matte Black Center
Pirelli
295/25/20
375/20/21

You must be registered for see images attach

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Indy Car Brakes" lol enter Chuck

"Ghetto" lol enter Kingsnake

Looks good to me. I love the mesh design on that wheel

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought 20/21 wheels would be too much, but that's not bad. Still think I'll go with the 19/20 combo.

BTW - is that right? 375mm rear tires? Wow!

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They dont look bad, the only problem I have is the primer finish inside the wheel it looks unfinish.

F

FrgMstr

Might look into how limited you are in terms of tire choices and supply before you go 21/20 or 20/19 IF you are wanting to drive the car hard. Not cheap either and easily damaged around town. I just sold my HRE 20/19 setup because of those reasons. Went back to 6 spoke stock and dropped a lot of unsprung weight and the HREs paid for new wheels and tires.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Might look into how limited you are in terms of tire choices and supply before you go 21/20 or 20/19 IF you are wanting to drive the car hard. Not cheap either and easily damaged around town. I just sold my HRE 20/19 setup because of those reasons. Went back to 6 spoke stock and dropped a lot of unsprung weight and the HREs paid for new wheels and tires.

On a 20/21 setup, sure. There are only a couple choices. However, if you are driving HARD, you can get a second set of cheap rims with sticky tires for that use, and just use these as "show" wheels. The same goes for any nice wheels, really. You don't want to take a set of 8000$ wheels on the track when a set of 1000$ wheels will do. It just isn't a smart move considering the likelihood of damage.

Now, for 19/20, there are plenty of tire options...? And even newer options are on the way since the Gen-5 will likely come in 19/20...? Of course, if you are looking for a specific tire type, yes, you might have an issue. But for street tires... no problem.

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This car was posted in the " Post the best picture of your SRT" Thread, it was photographed driving though, still looked awesome!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this one looks good. He picked some of the heaviest HRE wheels though, most of those go on SUV's and fullsize sedans.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My iForged are like that.

Please note the complaint-free content. Dave, contemporary mod-rice Viper/Ricer owner, and I approve this message.

My new HRE 895R's are like this, the old ones are not:omg:

-Tim

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave