2000 Steel Grey ACR, Is This a Good Deal? Lots of Pics.

OP
OP
G

Gene

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gene. Take a copy of this thread to the dealer and see if they will negotiate in the 4?K range. :bonker:

Some of us are very fussy, like me for example. :curse: Others consider their Viper as a driver, like the previous owner of this car, and will except the flaws.

How fussy are you? LOL

The stuff in the pictures can be fixed.I would be more concerned about the details we don't see and hear. Rick
That is my concern, what we don't see and hear.

Gene that car you have your eye on is very shady for all of the reasons mentioned above. Its obvious to most of us on the forum that you can get a car that is in much nicer condition for close to the same price. Twin Vipers (Jeff) has the same color car combination and year available. Jeff's Viper GTS was also well taken care of, is in mint condition, and needs nothing. If you want me to get more info on it let me know. Its a very original clean car worth taking a look at.
Thanks for the info.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is overpriced. Not that many cars aren't listed for around that range. In the past year I have purchased Two Steel Gray ACR's, both with factory warranties and half the mileage at 50K each. Neither of my cars had stripes. If it is a genuine factory stripe car you could argue that it's worth slightly more than a non striped car.
The chassis surface rust is unacceptable to me, but I'm picky. The sand blasted effect is very common for a vehicle driven on less than perfect road surfaces. No factory warranty really is the deal killer for me. Cracked center console and they're selling it that way!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that, thanks.

Not liking the wing though. Can it be easily removed? Screw holes to be filled?

They could be filled but the easiest thing would be to just get the same color body plugs to push in the holes. I know that sounds bad but that is what Porsche does (at least in 01 on my wifes car) to the front fascias where the tag holes are and they are hardly noticeable. I am normally not a fan of wings except the Hennnesssy wing and even with that I usually like the Hennnesssy front facia with it. That said, this car with the lowering and the wheels goes very well with the wing....it makes a complete package. Take the wing off and sell it for $1000 and trade the wheels for stockers and boot of about $3000 and you are now in a 2002 for under 50k and you still have the headers, exhaust with high flow cats, rotors, lowering springs and the stereo/dvd. Price headers alone, the price is outrageous. And I can get you a better price on a seven year extended warranty then anybody ($1400) and you will be the first owner of the warranty. I guess it's all a moot point until you sell the Cobra.....e-mail me the details/pics and I will see about a trade in price.

OP
OP
G

Gene

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They could be filled but the easiest thing would be to just get the same color body plugs to push in the holes. I know that sounds bad but that is what Porsche does (at least in 01 on my wifes car) to the front fascias where the tag holes are and they are hardly noticeable. I am normally not a fan of wings except the Hennnesssy wing and even with that I usually like the Hennnesssy front facia with it. That said, this car with the lowering and the wheels goes very well with the wing....it makes a complete package. Take the wing off and sell it for $1000 and trade the wheels for stockers and boot of about $3000 and you are now in a 2002 for under 50k and you still have the headers, exhaust with high flow cats, rotors, lowering springs and the stereo/dvd. Price headers alone, the price is outrageous. And I can get you a better price on a seven year extended warranty then anybody ($1400) and you will be the first owner of the warranty. I guess it's all a moot point until you sell the Cobra.....e-mail me the details/pics and I will see about a trade in price.
Yeah, I think I would be taking the wing off and selling it. I love the stock rear end look too much.

Can the $1,400 for the extended warranty be added into financing, I'm assuming it can. How many miles do you get with that warranty?

I can get you pics of my car. But to be upfront about it, she needs a little work. I have just under 64,000 miles on it so there are rock chips all over the front. Also, the corner of the hood needs to be repaired. Again, I can get whatever pics you need if you are interested. I also owe more than it's worth so I would be adding the difference into the loan.

Can you please send me some more pics of your 02 Viper. Here is my e-mail.....

[email protected]

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a stock 2000 Steel Grey ACR in Sept. 02 2004 for $59,800. It was extremely clean with 8,500 miles. This one looks a little rough to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper