2003 (GEN II) ACR Shocks

TorontoACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to get new shocks for the 2002 ACR as my Dynamic shocks are leaking. Is it better to get them rebuilt. But I hate the ride quality of the stock ACR as they have always made the car too bouncy. Can anyone help.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$350 ea. to get rebuilt at Carl Haas (certified rebuilder for Dynamic Suspensions), yet if they were already rebuilt which you can tell if there is a shrader valve on the canister (why it costs more initally, to replace the cap with a cap having a shrader valve), then the cost to rebuild is less at $150 ea. It's a higher spring rate in the rear for the ACR which you probably don't like, and you can change out the springs. I used to work at the company that owned Dynamic Suspensions, so I know enough and helped out many other members.

Carl Haas Automobile Imports, Inc

Best regards,
Mike

Last edited:

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the ACR and GTS have different shocks?? there's a guy local to me that has a stock set off a 2002 GTS, he was asking $600, they look to be in great condition. If you're interested I can get you in touch with him.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to get new shocks for the 2002 ACR as my Dynamic shocks are leaking. Is it better to get them rebuilt. But I hate the ride quality of the stock ACR as they have always made the car too bouncy. Can anyone help.

It's a higher spring rate in the rear for the ACR which you probably don't like, and you can change out the springs.

Switch the 1100 lb springs (rear) to 850 lb springs. This should soften the ride.

I bought the lower rate springs from JonB very early in my ownership. That made a large difference and I liked the ride quality after the change. He can also help you with what's available in new shocks if you want. With the springs and the cost of rebuild, you approach the price of new shocks; but, lose the uniqueness of the car being an "ACR."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32