2004 Paxton SC results. BIG #'s

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2004 Paxton SC results. BIG #\'s

Just got done with CobraGeorge's 2004 Mamba. The results?

Using our DLM/VOS high HP kit, pushing 7.9psi with the Split-Sec unit. Stock motor.

751 HP
727 TQ

on our Mustang Dyno.

Much more than we had anticipated, but the customer was more than happy with the results.

Dyno chart coming soon!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2004 Paxton SC results. BIG #\'s

Bill it seems you still got it AWESOME

that stock heads/cam??

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what does a DLM kit go for for a gen 2?

OP
OP
B

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stugots, stock motor, heads, cams. Give me a ring and we can work out a Paxton package for you. I'll hook you up! Thing you have going is you have a 99 forged motor, which means more boost and hp!

I can't take all the credit for this one. DLM was the major reason.

Dave, that is RWHP.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

very nice indeed. Seems like theres a lot to be left on the table with the out of the box Paxton system and the ability of the tuner to get the most out of them. Did you do back to back runs? I'm just curious about some of the heat soak issues the Paxton guys are getting with the Rams. I know its basically the same system but havent seen or read anything about large falloffs in power from you and the gentlemen who posted his SRT numbers earlier today.

OP
OP
B

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This was a modified out of the box Paxton system. We did do back to back runs and yes, heat soak is an issue.

First run:
751 HP
727 TQ

Second Run:
727 HP
703 TQ

So there is a decent drop off in power, but this was also done on a dyno, so there isnt as much airflow as there would be if the car was on the street.

However, we have tuned both the Paxton and Roe units and have seen that the Roe units are more susceptible to heat soak, probably due to a couple of factors, 1, no intercooler, 2, the unit is bolted right to the heads so the SC acts as a big heat sink for the motor.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are either the best tuner the world has ever known or your dyno setup is *****. You now have the world records for the Roe, Paxton and STUGOTS configurations. :2tu:

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby, your stable is outragous :shocked: NICE.
Excellent hp numbers, watching these cars make all that power makes me want a SRT
Cheers

OP
OP
B

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can't take all the credit for this one. Doug was a major reason for the results.

Don't know about the dyno, but our numbers have always been pretty much inline with everyone elses when we are comparing stock cars.

Also, it was pretty cool last night up here in NY.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are either the best tuner the world has ever known or your dyno setup is *****. You now have the world records for the Roe, Paxton and STUGOTS configurations. :2tu:

as a matter of fact HE IS the one who made my car such a beast and after I have this water **** installed and get can play with timing i cant wait to see what he does.

BILL YOUR THE MAN

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually there is a gentleman out of the S. Fl area that produced slightly higher numbers from the same configuration via DLM. It was a sweet dyno day for sure.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually there is a gentleman out of the S. Fl area that produced slightly higher numbers from the same configuration via DLM. It was a sweet dyno day for sure.

Was the Florida car on a Mustang dyno?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dyno question.

I have heard from at least 3 dyno operators that the mustang dynos now have new software that make their readings almost exactly the same as a dynojet.

Anyone know about this?

OP
OP
B

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mustang has been saying they will have new software house for a while now. The new software is called PowerDyne and they have been promising me the software ever since I bought the dyno last year.

OP
OP
B

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I also know that our dyno has been close to Dynojet readings at low Hp number 0-200. But after that the discrepency starts to grow in a shallow exponential curve.

OP
OP
B

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Forgot to mention...

This car came to us already with the Paxton SC on it. It dynoed at I believe 600HP and 580TQ

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Forgot to mention...This car came to us already with the Paxton SC on it. It dynoed at I believe 600HP and 580TQ

Whoa Bill, great job on the tune! :)

OP
OP
B

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We did the DLM/VOS upgrade to his SC install. That's where all the power came from.

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bill - what does the 'DLM/VOS' upgrade consist of? Or where can I get info on what you do to the paxton base kit?

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Bill - what does the 'DLM/VOS' upgrade consist of? Or where can I get info on what you do to the paxton base kit?

I might sell my whole supercharger system with the dlm goodies. It all depends if I keep the rsi tt or sell it. If you want drop me and email and i will keep you in the loop.

[email protected]

vd..

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great Numbers guys :2tu:

Viper D keep the RSI TT bro you going to love it :2tu: if i just own a SRT10 ;) this kit gona be mine