2004 Vert - Paxton -

beerly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought it with the Paxton, Corsa cat back, and Roe HF cats. Just added 750cc injectors. Quaife rear end, kept the 3.07s. Dual Walbro 255s in the tank, and a safe Dyno tune. Pretty happy with the numbers. Any feedback is welcome, since I'm new to this level of horsepower/torque. I think I'm done with mods for now, unless anyone has further suggestions to make it safe and as "blow-up" proof as possible with stock internals. That was the goal with the fuel system, since the Paxton was already on. thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good numbers, although I do have a quick question. Did you jump to the dual walbros and 750s to eliminate the FMU, or was there some other reason?

OP
OP
B

beerly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the advice of Chris Pharr at A.R.T. in Buda, who recommended the fuel system to create a more reliable delivery than the secondary pump that came with the Paxton. From what I understand, which isn't a whole lot, it is a safer system along with the injectors so I don't have any issues with leaning the A/F at higher RPMs and it also creates a more uniform fuel delivery rather than having the second pump kick in only when boost is detected. Anyone, feel free to chime in on this, like I said, this is new to me.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock Paxton set up is the Goldilocks solution to additional power for Gen III Vipers.

Smooth as silk down low, with power ramping up quickly as the revs rise.

Nice intercooler and supplimentary fuel pumps, and just the right amount of boost to not demand a very expensive engine buildup.

Additional fuel is always a good idea, and the timing regulator can be upgraded along with the intercooler, but the stock system seems to be just right.

Many owners have logged tens of thousands of trouble free with their stock systems, but turn up the boost just a little more and the problems seem to appear.

Knowing your installer is perhaps the best solution to lots of enjoyable high horsepower fun.

Enjoy your really fast snake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper