2005 SRT10 Convertable Sold for 54K

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess if we need to sell our vipers they should go onto the auction block, this is not the first viper recently that bided up high

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE hearing this as I have a low mileage 05 yellow VCA Edition. Cant hurt to know that someone out there thinks that yellow is the best color..haha

VenomSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw that. I think this one only had something like 3,800 miles on it (not sure). Either way good to know they are still bringing good money at auction.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the auction yesterday and saw the car in person. It was a clean car and I believe it had 8,000 miles. Still, that price was high.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, the car was mine. Thought I had a sale at 45k that fell through and thought I was going to lose the purple car and went ahead and did the trade. I about had a #$%&*#$ cow when I was watching Mecum and saw it cross the block. Hats off to my trade guy for knowing the retail market better than I did. It was a great car, I take care of my toys. I agree with Johnny that these cars create much more excitement when you see them. They are so rare that most people don't know them like we do and are not motivated to buy from and add until they see them in person. If I ever part with this purple car, I will be scheduling a working vacation in Florida in January.:omg:

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, that's weird. Not only do you need a buyer who doesn't really know the current market, but you need at least two. Maybe they just got into a ******* contest. Great for Purple though.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOTTA DISAGREE SOMEWHAT..wHEN I WAS SHOPPING SRT10'S THE SECOND TIME IN 2010..the yellow 2005's were always pretty pricey. pretty rare to see them on ebay ect compared to the other colors..Sure you can see 2003's in black/red/silver with 20K plus miles for high 30's/low 40's on ebay..but a two year newer 2005 with only 8K miles in a very rare gen3 color..Well Im not too surprised...After owning a red srt10 and then seeing a yellow srt10 in person to me it is easily worth the extra couple k the yellow goes for over other 05's...market on vipers has been going up in general

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the car in person at Mecum and it was GORGEOUS!!! I thought the price was high but that was great for the seller.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised an 8 cylinder yellow went for that much money! :)
Maybe Stretch can chime in and shed some light on the increasing prices for the V8 Vipers?:dunno::*****:

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe if Viper owners would stop saying "that's too much for that Viper".... and selling them for crazy low prices.....then maybe the market would turn around? There aren't many of the Viper around (of any year or generation) and they should be selling for more.....

Just a thought..... if you have a Viper you should be saying "..... $54K...that's a STEAL!!"