2008 reflash

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So after all of the great fun dealing with this mess, http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...power-outlet-cigg-lighter-center-console.html I should be getting my car back tomorrow. I am having some check engine codes thrown by after market exhaust and I understand that they should no longer be an issue after the ecu reflash for the early 2008s. My 2008 doesn't have a history of having the reflash and my lovely dealer says they won't do anything on the car under warranty unless I change my exhaust back to stock as that is what is causing the problem. My response is that it wouldn't be throwing codes if it had the reflash and even if it did, it doesn't matter, as I just want to make sure my reflash is done before the car is out of warranty. They refuse to do the reflash unless I show evidence that Chrysler has offered one to early 2008 owners. Ridiculous. So, does anyone have any sort of memo, link, or number to call to verify that there should be a reflash for the early 2008 vipers? Yeah, I can't believe I have to jump through these hoops either...

edit: whoops, look like I put this in the wrong forum perhaps. Can a mod move it over to the SRT forum if that is more appropriate?

Last edited:

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This flash was only for some 2008's. The dealer should be able run your VIN and see if it it applys. I can do this as well.

Best thing to do is see what codes are in the computer and that will determine if it is related to the exhaust or flash.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This flash was only for some 2008's. The dealer should be able run your VIN and see if it it applys. I can do this as well.

Best thing to do is see what codes are in the computer and that will determine if it is related to the exhaust or flash.

He is lucky to live right around the corner from you!

Reaction score
All the re flash did was lengthen the time for cam in cam phase to prevent throwing a code for some sticky cam clearance issues on a few 08's. It will not have anything to do with exhaust. Chances are you have cat inefficacy codes because of the aftermarket cats and or 02 wiring issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery