2008 Viper-R/F Shock blown at 3600 miles

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my car in the air today to change the oil. The right front shock has oil and oil residue all over it and appears blown. Am I the lucky one or is this fairly common. Didnt hit anything...? Warranty here I come.

Flash

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
possibly you hit something?any side bubbles on your tire?its also possible just a defective shock eiteir way warranty should take care of it,order the shock a head of time and than when it arrives take the car in so they dont have you make 2 drives to the dealership.

OP
OP
F

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the car in today. Lets see how this goes. Also had a couple of other minor issues:

1: Fuel door lock mechanism screws came loose and lost one
2. Pass airbag turns OFF when a passenger sits in the pass seat.
3. front top of dash air vent rattled
4. reflash the BCM to (hopefully) get the pass door glass from intermittantly hitting the body when the door is closed.

Flash

Last edited:

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my 04 Mamba in the U.S.,in 2005 ,and at 6000 miles 2 years old ,had the same happen to my left front shock. Unfortunately Chrysler would not warranty due to the car being imported to Canada . Maybe Chrysler will improve customer service to improve Sales ??? lol...!! :dunno:

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have had to replace these shocks at times for the same problem. The Dynamic Shocks seem much more leak prone than the Koni's we used on the Gen 2's. I have new and used SRT shocks in stock.
It may be covered by your warranty, give me a call and I can check.

OP
OP
F

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan,, Looks like they are going to cover it under warranty. My dealer is pretty good to me as I buy a lot of cars and trucks from them. Dan, Have you heard of the new reflash for the BCM?

Thanks,

Flash

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan,, Looks like they are going to cover it under warranty. My dealer is pretty good to me as I buy a lot of cars and trucks from them. Dan, Have you heard of the new reflash for the BCM?

Thanks,

Flash
You must mean the PCM. Yes they are reflashing the PCM.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have not heard about a BCM flash, but I have had this problem before. Sometimes it is the window regulator and sometimes the BCM. I had one car that still had the problem after replacing both of these, so if there is a reflash please let me know.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any dealer i would assume would replace your shock its a warranty item unless your car was in a collision of course

OP
OP
F

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. There was oil all over the A arm and shock spring. Also, there is no new BCM flash. My dealer used the old trustworthy "unable to duplicate problem" on me so we'll see.

Flash

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960