2009 ACR Question

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello to all, I have been considering a 2009 ACR and have a couple Questions. Can you get nav in an ACR, is it worth it? Is the wing adjusted manually or is there a knob or something? And have they started taking orders yet? Thank you in advanced and sorry if these are repeat questions.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you can get Nav with the RB1 radio, however it is not a state of the art nav sytem, and for the approximately $1500 option price you could get a really nice state of the art aftermarket unit.
The wing is adjusted manually and it is recommended you do not touch the settings as they are set to maximum effect and the balance of the car front to rear could be dangerously affected if you messed with them. Only the most ultimate track rat would want to touch that adjustment and that would be way after he got done tweaking all the suspension settings for whatever track was in question.
And yes, they have been taking orders for a long time. Indeed the 08 allocation is sold out, and 08 production will run long into this year, so if you want an ordered car rather than the very rare one that might be on the ground now (I only know of one and I'm not sure if it's seriously for sale or the dealer is keeping it for himself) I suggest you get your order in right away. My guess is that you might take deleivery on an 09 early next year if you are lucky and only if you go to one of the larger Viper dealers like Woodhouse who can actually get these cars.
Your best bet might be to call Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse and hope you can get on a wait list for a canceled order if you want one any time soon.
Ford Chrysler Dodge Lincoln Mercury Mazda Nissan - Omaha Nebraska

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As Lee states, and adding:

1. If you get OE NAV in an ACR, the module is mounted atop the passenger side seat harness bolt bosses. Requires different bolts to add passenger harness.

2) NAV in an ACR ?!? Planning to program the RACE TRACK ADDRESSES in your region ?

3) Woodhouse or ROANOKE or TATOR are great places to order a VIPER. What part of country ?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking for an 09. I have a line on one that is currently statused. PM me if interested.

Bruce

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stick with the standard radio or get the ******** package. Just get a Garmin or something. That's how I got my butt back to Cali. :D

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick with the standard radio or get the ******** package. Just get a Garmin or something. That's how I got my butt back to Cali. :D

I agree that is technology that is dated as soon as you drive it off the lot. Money could be better spent elsewhere.

Bruce

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The nav. is the worse I have seen. Above is right spend a little extra money if you really want one in the ACR and get an aftermarket. I plan on winning the raffle so my ACR wont be in for a while. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
B

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you I guess I wont get the nav if its not that great. I just have been looking at the ACR's and have to have one hopefully it will work out. I just have to look into a few things before I pull the trigger.

OP
OP
B

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you can get Nav with the RB1 radio, however it is not a state of the art nav sytem, and for the approximately $1500 option price you could get a really nice state of the art aftermarket unit.
The wing is adjusted manually and it is recommended you do not touch the settings as they are set to maximum effect and the balance of the car front to rear could be dangerously affected if you messed with them. Only the most ultimate track rat would want to touch that adjustment and that would be way after he got done tweaking all the suspension settings for whatever track was in question.
And yes, they have been taking orders for a long time. Indeed the 08 allocation is sold out, and 08 production will run long into this year, so if you want an ordered car rather than the very rare one that might be on the ground now (I only know of one and I'm not sure if it's seriously for sale or the dealer is keeping it for himself) I suggest you get your order in right away. My guess is that you might take deleivery on an 09 early next year if you are lucky and only if you go to one of the larger Viper dealers like Woodhouse who can actually get these cars.
Your best bet might be to call Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse and hope you can get on a wait list for a canceled order if you want one any time soon.
Ford Chrysler Dodge Lincoln Mercury Mazda Nissan - Omaha Nebraska

Thanks for the info on the wing I was just wondering, I would never mess with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960