2009 Graphite ACR

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score

vipernut94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi David,

I was at work this morning and called John Gastman. After I hung up with him, I realized that your car is only 100 miles from where I live, and I have been dying to see what my future car is actually going to look like. And, if I didn't go up there today, I would have to wait for my car to arrive, and I am far too impatient for that! So, I left work, loaded up the family and we headed for Roanoke Dodge. When I got there, they were finishing the detail work on your car. I can not believe how great this car looks!!! This has to be one of the best looking colors that Dodge has ever produced. It was raining today, so I felt a little bad about driving it. But, don't worry, I kept it under 150, since it hasn't been broke in yet. JUST KIDDING!!! :rolaugh: Seriously though, I almost left drool on the car before I left Roanoke. Pictures do not do this car justice, and you will see for yourself in a couple of day. I can't wait for mine to show up! I plan to do headers/exhaust, and I also plan to change the gears. Just not sure which gears to go with yet.

I have never posted pictures on this site, but I'm going to attempt to post some shots of your car.

Congratulations, and enjoy!

Scott

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry everyone, but i never made it to ROMOCO today. i wanted to take pics of the car outside, but it has rained non-stop all day. i will try again tomorrow and hopefully i will get a chance to see it before it ships out.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the white pics, it's soooo hard to decide what color looks best since an ACR looks great in anything! If I could buy another one, I think it would be graphite though.

Cheryl I agree completely ... graphite with driver stripe is beautiful! God Bless America. :usa:

Personally I am enjoying the HP gain of our recent fall temps here in Texas!
:drive:

vipernut94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I left Roanoke, John was getting ready to load the car, and it is headed out in the morning.

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds like something I would do Scott, load up the family and check out an ACR. Thanks for the pictures, they look awesome. I can't wait. John Gastman and Roanoke have been great to work with.
-David

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi David,

I was at work this morning and called John Gastman. After I hung up with him, I realized that your car is only 100 miles from where I live, and I have been dying to see what my future car is actually going to look like. And, if I didn't go up there today, I would have to wait for my car to arrive, and I am far too impatient for that! So, I left work, loaded up the family and we headed for Roanoke Dodge. When I got there, they were finishing the detail work on your car. I can not believe how great this car looks!!! This has to be one of the best looking colors that Dodge has ever produced. It was raining today, so I felt a little bad about driving it. But, don't worry, I kept it under 150, since it hasn't been broke in yet. JUST KIDDING!!! :rolaugh: Seriously though, I almost left drool on the car before I left Roanoke. Pictures do not do this car justice, and you will see for yourself in a couple of day. I can't wait for mine to show up! I plan to do headers/exhaust, and I also plan to change the gears. Just not sure which gears to go with yet.

I have never posted pictures on this site, but I'm going to attempt to post some shots of your car.

Congratulations, and enjoy!

Scott

Hey Scott, this is Dan from CT. Thanks so much for the pictures you posted, I already had a PM into David in FL to get some outside shots but these really help, what a color combo. I won't see my car until next year so I might out drool you while I'm waiting. I also think your enthusiasm is great which is what is so special about Viper owners. A lot of us are hard working middle income folks who truly appreciate the euphoria and honor in owning a Viper which you demonstrated by packing up the family in the rain and heading over to see David's car. We'll look forward to seeing your car as well. As far as gears go the 3.55 is the way to go. Two brothers from NY have the same 2008 ACR one with stock and one with the 3.55's and they both say that gear wakes the car up. They can't wait until I get mine to gang up on me...:D All the best, Dan

vipernut94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan,

Thanks for the info on the gears. I had 3.55's in my 96 GTS that I just sold, and they were incredible. The gears really woke up the 96, and I can't imagine what they would do to an ACR. I also hope to put an aluminum flywheel in the ACR, because it makes the heel/toe downshifts on the track much smoother. Not sure if there is a flywheel upgrade for the ACR yet, but I will be keeping my eyes and ears open.

Take care,
Scott

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pics from the delivery:
You must be registered for see images

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dtenney,
Did you make sure there were no nails/screws in the lot before unloading the car? All I see in the background were construction matierals.
The graphite ACR is able to have two low key colors working together to make the car look special and stand out in a see of colors. :headbang:
OK, where do I find graphite fenders for my all black ACR? Maybe carbon fiber ones???
Seriously, I heard rumors that the ACR's are sold out. Is there any truth in this? If so, what were the production numbers?

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out the last picture and how the stripe on the roof and wing are reflecting a sort of mustardy orange color. I wonder what base they use for the driver's stripe.:dunno:

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, no nails yet, wish I could say that about all my previous cars though. Pictures do not do this car justice. Must be seen in person.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth