2009 IL VCA Calendar

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Since the middle of last year, we’ve been working on the events and plans for 2009. The club year has come along quite nicely and we’ve finalized details and signed contracts. We wanted to get it all done early and plot out the entire year for you in one shot. While we usually mail a 1st quarter mailer to everyone that will include a club calendar, I know many of you like to plan far in advance and wouldn’t mind seeing a sneak preview of the dates and events we’ve planned. So, I thought I’d email everyone with our current 2009 plans so that you have it for reference!

This year we have more events than before, but actually have a pretty relaxing schedule due to spreading the events across a wider range of months this year! Members are always asking for more events, but jamming our summer with club events leaves no time for other priorities. So we’re going to utilize Sept/Oct more so that we don’t have too many consecutive weekends planned. The year worked out quite nicely and is still rather relaxed. We have 27 total events this year, and as always, ALL the events are IL Region built events – we don’t just tag along little activities in the area. You know how we do it, let’s kick this in high gear.

2009 Viper Club of Illinois Calendar
Feb 14 IL VCA Winter Fest Party (15th Anniversary Year!!)
Apr 1 Monthly Club Meeting
Apr 25 Women’s Day Performance Driving Event - Caterpillar
May 6 Monthly Club Meeting
May 9 Spring Cruise
May 16 Caterpillar Autocross
Jun 3 Monthly Club Meeting
Jun 19 Gingerman Track Event
Jun 20 Charity Event - YMCA Modes of Transportation
Jun 27 Maywood Autocross
Jul 1 Monthly Club Meeting
Jul 8 Charity Event – Illinois Fatherhood Initiative
Jul 19 Caterpillar Autocross (Longest Day - 1)
Jul 20 Autobahn Track Event (Longest Day - 2)
Jul 25 Summer Fest Club Picnic & Car Show
Jul 26 Mopars Invade Roanoke Car Show
Aug 5 Monthly Club Meeting
Aug 15 Summer Cruise
Aug 29 Dyno Day
Sep 2 Monthly Club Meeting
Sep 14 Autobahn Track Event
Sep 17-20 VIPER Invades Niagara Falls
Sep 26 Autocross – Rockford
Oct 3 Fall Cruise
Oct TBD IL VCA vs. SRT – Autocross
Oct 7 Monthly Club Meeting
Nov 4 IL VCA Annual Planning Forum

Also some “save the dates” for local non-IL Club hosted activities that you may be interested in:
Feb 15 Chicago Auto Show (Group suggestion)
Jun 5-7 NARRA Gingerman Track Event (Formerly Viper Days)
Aug 7-9 NARRA Putnam Track Event (Formerly Viper Days)
Aug TBD Midwest Zone Rendezvous

As always, we have some new things planned. Keep a very special eye out for the “Viper INVADES Niagara Falls” trip, you won’t want to miss it. Also, we’re doing a Women’s Day Performance Driving event – a free event to teach stick shift driving and get the ladies comfortable at driving their cars on a small autocross course. We also have some great charity events, one of them being a very neat event in conjunction with the YMCA. All that on top of the usual cruising, racing, parties, car shows, meetings, Dyno Day, and much more. It’s gonna be a great year. It’s our 15th anniversary!! We’re going all out and making 2009 as a year to remember in the club’s history!!

In the coming weeks, the website calendar will be posted along with details for all the events. We hope the information above helps in your early planning. Emails and mailers will start streaming again soon, we’re pretty much half way through winter, it’s all downhill from here!!

Any questions, let me know.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good.:2tu: It's going to be a busy year. :crazy2: Ok, who wants to volunteer their car for my wife to learn to drive stick?:drive: I'm not so sure it would be good for her to learn on my car, especially since I'm having Bill S. install a new clutch for me before the season. :dunno:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21