2012 - 2013 - 2014 ....?????

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
ZR1 are sitting because they are priced out of the market. They are nearly identical to a Z06, the performance isn't much better, and they have that ridiculous clear hood. If they were priced @$85-90k I could see them selling a lot better.

The Viper has a much better chance selling at the ZR1s price point given they keep it exclusive and limit production numbers to around 800 cars per year. I don't care what anyone says, if you limit the supply the car will sell. The current gen Viper is bland and is too similar to the Corvette. They need to return to the more exotic shape to do what they original did...That is produce a bargain exotic with range topping performance.
Yes,I agree the new models don't look as good as the gen II's. I miss my 99 ACR. Wouldn't mind a 1 piece hood.:2tu:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched Speedmakers, Megakits on Speedvision. Great episode:)

Hundreds of ACcobra replicas are made each year without AC/windows/top as well as hundreds of other models.

No I dont think this how the next viper should be made as there are curently plenty of gen1/2's to satisfy the ******** folks, As well as the ******** package on the current vipers. But Just Sayin...;)

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:omg: "SPEWING" :rolleyes: No, Discussing what other vehicles are equipped with in todays Market doesn't mean I believe a New Viper should be equiped with same. And I wouldn't want a Viper to have an automatic. Have YOU ever ran up against a ZR1 or GT-R Lately ? All I was trying to say was,the Viper has to stay compettive (sales wise)to survive with these type of vehicles. And thanks for the info / price from Woodhouse. I can afford to have them install one if I wanted one but I've built enough cars that I'd just install it myself.:2tu:

sss620

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeremy, welcome back. Everyone who went to VOI saw the next generation Viper. Get your order in you won't be sorry!
Take a look at this and then think........Yeah, but 10 times better.

2_vd_viper_1440x900.jpg

What do you think of these renditions of the NEW VIPER .

Attachments

• 2013-dodge-viper_460x0w[1].jpg
    2013-dodge-viper_460x0w[1].jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 27
  • dodge-viper.jpg
    dodge-viper.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 39

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FLAME SUIT ON

The auto, could be a good idea as an OPTION from a selling stand point as far as dodge goes, I mean it will open the market to alot more people, I would never buy one in auto, as most of us wont, but we don't have too we can just pick up the 6 speed, the reason the viper never sells like the vette has always been the fact that its too simple or a "dinosaur" (which is how I like it) and most people who are in the financial position to buy a car close to 100k want these options so they turn to the vette or porsche.

only issue I see with that is, as soon as that happens the viper becomes alot LESS exclusive, great for dodge sales, bad for us owners, 6 of this, half a dozen of that

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:dunno: I just hope it DOES NOT look like that picture in the latest Car & Driver Rag.:nono::nono::nono: Looks Horrible.:usa: I'd buy a corvette before I'd buy that & man that's really getting bad.:crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: I also hope they bump up the HP. to at least 700,knock off about 400 lbs.& put in a good 6 speed automatic. If not it will quickly become a Dinosaur. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

I was with you until the AUTOMATIC thing!!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was with you until the AUTOMATIC thing!!

Ok, I got you about the auto....what we need is a dual clutch with F1 type shifting. My 911 with a PDK will do 0-60 in 2.6 and 0 to 100 in 6.4 and a 10.7 1/4. Just imagine the new Viper with launch control and a dual clutch.....Also Dodge can still offer the old school tech for those that want to row the gears:drive:

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would get it if it has a standard 6 speed and tcs options. Anything other then that, we are getting into ferrari territory.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of speculation, but this is how I see it.

New Viper will be very similar to the full sized styling buck we saw at VOI in Utah.

Many changes will be made to address feedback from the field, as well as engineering needs.

Expect the new Viper to go upscale a bit in the interior and exterior trim.

Current motor configuration to remain, with additional performance through enhancements and electronic improvements. Feedback from Ferrari and Fiat should allow more hp and better fuel economy via direct injection or Multiair.

Styling buck comments were solicited. Wheel choice should be different, and color choices yet to be determined.

Some will love the new car, and purchase it. Others will prefer their current Viper and stay the course.

I expect a semi automatic paddle shifted dual clutch system to be offered as an option, but maybe not at roll out.

New Pilot Supersport tires give additional grip endurance and better ride. Combined with an optional electronic adjustable suspension should make the car adaptable for street and track.

After launch work and development on a wilder ACR should be underway. More adjustable ride height, shocks and more aggressive engine management, cooling and stability and maybe launch control, or automatic adjustable traction control. Expect an even stronger and better differential in this model.

The forum will continue to speculate and drool over the details as they are eventually released.

Some will complain, no matter what is released, as that is the nature of forums, but I would expect the new Viper to appeal to a larger segment of the sports car community.

Some will continue to stay with their current ride, while others will embrace the changes.

Expect the next generation of dinasaurs to have larger brains, bigger muscles, be fleeter of foot, and still generate the historic Viper Ownership Experience.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My nephew is a Junior at the Center for Creative Study ( CCS ) in Detroit MI. working on his Automobile Design degree and just got selected for Chryslers internship this summer. He really excited and really very talented. Ralph Gilles has his degree from CCS as well. Last year a friend of his got this internship and worked on our 2012 Viper designs and all he could say was it was going to look fantastic! My nephews really hoping they put him to work on the Viper this year.
He's a big fan of my Vipers and American muscle.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I got you about the auto....what we need is a dual clutch with F1 type shifting. My 911 with a PDK will do 0-60 in 2.6 and 0 to 100 in 6.4 and a 10.7 1/4. Just imagine the new Viper with launch control and a dual clutch.....Also Dodge can still offer the old school tech for those that want to row the gears:drive:

I'm with you KenricGTS but those paddle shift cars tend to go through clutches when you run them in auto mode. I just drove a Gallardo Valentino Balboni and fell in love with the old school gate shifter..I guess if they can give up both options it would be best. Besides Lamborghini would make a gate shift car if there wasn't people asking for them!!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you KenricGTS but those paddle shift cars tend to go through clutches when you run them in auto mode. I just drove a Gallardo Valentino Balboni and fell in love with the old school gate shifter..I guess if they can give up both options it would be best. Besides Lamborghini would make a gate shift car if there wasn't people asking for them!!

My Lambo twin turbo has the gated shifter and I love it! As long as I don't hit the limiter with 1300 crank horse:headbang:

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Very impressive times!! Must be a real rush doing a 0-60 blast. If the new Viper does offer this set up ( all wheel drive, dual clutch), it's going to post some awesome acceleration numbers!!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive times!! Must be a real rush doing a 0-60 blast. If the new Viper does offer this set up ( all wheel drive, dual clutch), it's going to post some awesome acceleration numbers!!

Thx, but the Viper can retain rear wheel drive.....like Ferrari and still have launch control.....The blast to 130 is sick! Love launch control!

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thx, but the Viper can retain rear wheel drive.....like Ferrari and still have launch control.....The blast to 130 is sick! Love launch control!

A buddy of mine just picked up a 2012 GT-R and he let me drive it yesterday. Per Motor Trend, it does 0-60 in 2.9 and 11.2 quarter mile. First time I have ever driven a car with launch control. Hold down the brake, put the accelerator to the floor and when it hits 4,000 rpm....let it go. I only ran it up to 80 mph, but the launch and acceleration were incredible!! Would love to see launch control on the the new Viper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32