2013/14 SRT Pricing conundrum ??

kenbrackins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy New Year All,

As I wait for the order bank to re-open so I can put mine in for a silver SRT, I am still searching around for a 2014 that I may strike a deal on. Whilst searching online (eBay motors, Manheim, Auto Trader, etc.) there are plenty of 2013/14 SRT's for sale -except the elusive billet silver of course- but at prices that defy logic. Many are priced around the $100k mark. I was dickering with a dealer about a silver GTS, but we reached an impasse at $112k when he offered me the deal of a lifetime for a black, no-option 2013 SRT for a mere $93k. I asked if he was aware that I can purchase a 2015 for about 86k and the response was, "we have more money into this one than that." Hmmmm, I wonder why it is still there? I don't want to come off as some kind of "low baller" but if I can get a great price on a 14 SRT, or a very good price on a GTS, I am a cash buyer and will go that route instead of waiting 3 months for a silver 2015 srt. The market dictates the price, and with the reduction of MSRP, as well as the decreased gas guzzler, the 2014 should sell for much less than the 2015. Check out Ebay motors - I can't figure out why someone has a 2013 SRT with 3400 miles listed for 95K.(?) If I need a gallon of milk quickly I will get "bent over" at the corner pirate store and run in and buy one, if I am buying $100,000+ vehicle I am going to do some research. There are new GTS's with MSRP in the 130's that are for sale in the low to mid 90's. Many have posted about the great deals they have struck on there purchases lately. Just wondering if dealers are doing any research on current market trends?
Dealers- the old adage :"what you pay for something has NOTHING to do with its value" pertains to Vipers as well. Sometimes its better to cut your losses and move on to the next deal. They should be selling the "HELL" out of --- never mind. (Just my 2 cents)

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would a 2014 be significantly less than a 2015? The MSRP change took effect in 2014, so the prices should be pretty similar, except that you can factor in a years worth of depreciation when haggling the price of a leftover 2014. The 500$ difference in gas guzzler tax might be a significant amount to some? To me a significant difference would be in the thousands.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave