25,000 viper

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, that was posted on VCA MEMBERS SECTION a while back. There will be a lot more here tomorrow, and Viper Mag article later on............and a TV Show too !

It is a RED COUPE, Red Interior, Razor wheels. He pushed Ryan Newman to his DAYTONA 500 win, and Kurt gets a VIPER !

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CAJ98gts has seen the car when he toured the factory but so far we have seen no pics of anything

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, and Chevrolet passed their 1,000,000th vette a while ago. :lmao:

25,000 still seems like a high number when you think about the Viper though. :dunno:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS I do not agree with!! The guy makes millions every year, can afford every luxury available to man and then some and DC GIVES him a Viper for his accomplishments. What about the accomplishments of our service men and women? Or the people who struggle every day to make ends meet? The list goes on and on.
This really upsets me to no end. The rich get richer and this CERTAINLY proves that point.
Well done Dodge, I hope whoever thought of this great PR stunt sleeps well!!

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the accomplishments of our service men and women? Or the people who struggle every day to make ends meet? The list goes on and on.
You're kidding right? I don't think that Chrysler can give a Viper to everyone in those categories, do you?

Heck, you own a Viper, does that not make you feel guilty with the attitude you exuded in that post above?

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS I do not agree with!! The guy makes millions every year, can afford every luxury available to man and then some and DC GIVES him a Viper for his accomplishments. What about the accomplishments of our service men and women? Or the people who struggle every day to make ends meet? The list goes on and on.
This really upsets me to no end. The rich get richer and this CERTAINLY proves that point.

u have some good points and i spoke to a nascar fan this morning and he said the same thing as u - that bush makes to much money to be given one...

BUT 2 points ...

First say dodge was to give the car to a serviceman and just perhaps this guy wrecked the car and died in the accident ...that would backfire for dodge ... which leads to my second point in that Bush is ultimately the correct choice if dodge is gonna give the viper away... he races for dodge ... For the most part rich people do just keep getting richer... maybe u'll be there u'reself one day

Now if there are servicemen that like vipers then i would support a servicemen appreciation day at the factory

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Have a free raffle at CAAP for the servicemen to win a 2008 Viper. Of course, its all about publicity and that wouldn't get Dodge anywhere. :rolleyes:

DR EVIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:rolleyes:

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a veteran--- how about a free Viper for me too? Kidding of course---unless they actually gave me one.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck, How about this idea. I am in the Air Force have been for over 35 years. Yes I own a gen 3 car but I saved for 12 years after seeing my first '92. I finally had enough to spring for my 04.

Nearing retirement now, there is no way that I will be ever able to buy another new Viper. I would just have been happy for Dodge to extend a little discount our way which may have sweetened the *** enough.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THIS I do not agree with!! The guy makes millions every year...... The rich get richer and this CERTAINLY proves that point. Well done Dodge, I hope whoever thought of this great PR stunt sleeps well!![/quote]

You're kidding right? I don't think that Chrysler can give a Viper to everyone in those categories, do you?...........Heck, you own a Viper, does that not make you feel guilty with the attitude you exuded in that post above?

Uh, Oh.......that must mean that the Indy-500 tradition of giving a Pace Car replica to the 500 winner has been BAD MARKETING for 25+ years..... And Ferrari better take back Schumachers 7 Ferraris, too. (Maybe European marketing is different?) YEAH! Give a prancing horse to a Brit cavalry soldier instead, like Harry Windsor!

Those Dodge Marketing guys, who certainly took into account the network coverage and newsworthiness value, the NASCAR and Speed-TV halo, etc, must be clueless. And just enrolling Nardelli as a big-wheel in the FIRST CAAP VISIT had no value to the Viper program itself?

ME? Im GLAD to see Dodge HYPING the car in such a media-frenzy, which helps me hope and believe Prowler-owner Nardelli wont be killing Viper anytime soon. I HOPE HE HAS A BLAST! But, hey, Im a Marketing kinda guy. Maybe the VCA should have our officers there to LOBBY him......might be worth the expense........

Last edited:

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As Jon stated there is a LOONNNGGGG history of manufacturers giving muscle/sports cars to their favorite racing driver du jour. Most are only owned by the driver for as long as it takes the camera to click and then they sell them. Think of it as a bonus program---hell, it may even be in their contract.

Documented gift cars always bring a premium in the muscle car market.

And if you really have that much righteous indignation saved up, there are a metric sh!tton worth of better places to vent it then at Dodge for giving away a car.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lone Star and Shiner Bock both taste better than Busch (according to Dave) but honestly it's a great PR move in my eyes....keeps the car in the minds of at least all the NASCAR guys....they have money too. Can't wait for the first sky blue and red Viper with a 43 on the door. If Jackie Gelason were still with us he'd have a new Viper.

BTW if your name was Busch you'd have an attitude too.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HISTORY: Both Justin Bell and Olivier Beretta received GT2 (GTS-R Replica) Coupes, vin # 0052 and 0051, for their win of Chrysler's first manufacturer's trophy in FIA.

Justin drove his a while........then sold it. Monoco was a bad car location for Olivier, and Dodge later GAVE Beretta's car to the VCA auction at Barret Jackson

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, all great points. I gotta beleive all the negative comments are really directed towards Kurt Busch. I ignored this thread until I saw today's comments from the press conference (where they also announced Chrysler can't get 10K employees to take a severance package). Nice publicity to the world that there are 25K Vipers and Nardelli and other's made a big deal of it at the Conner plant.

So many posts regarding the demise of the viper, while this event doesn't confirm viper's are here for the long run, it is positive news for Viper!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marketing Genius 1, Deserving People 0

Did Dodge give Herb Helbig a Viper? :dunno:

OKFireChief

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GM has given the 20,24,48,88 boys and a bunch more "cheby" NASCAR drivers new Z06's ... (maybe "toyjota" will now give Stewart a hopped up Camery).

Hopefully Kurt can kick some Z06 butt around the NASCAR crowd. :)