35 Gen V's have been built

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday's Automotive News reports that 35 vipers have been built through Saturday 2/16/13. Looks like production stated after 2/1/13 and it also says 12 were built last week.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm ........ 12 cars last week. looks like a little less than the 12 they were going to make per day. mabey they will have a great week this week and build 13 cars . lol

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given all these delays, I'm wondering if there will still be a second wave of 2013's ordered or if they will just push that wave into the 2014 model year.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as a 2nd waver, I would be surprised to see my car in my driveway by the summer. hope the reason for the delay isnt a problem. on the other hand wouldnt you hate to see them pumped out in volume and then recalled for some reason? I'd rather they take their time. If I get it by 2013 fine. If my order turns into 2014 thats fine too. Not the only horsey in the stable.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's hope they are taking their time for the right reasons. It would be nice for all of the new owners to get a sorted car with no recalls.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as a 2nd waver, I would be surprised to see my car in my driveway by the summer. hope the reason for the delay isnt a problem. on the other hand wouldnt you hate to see them pumped out in volume and then recalled for some reason? I'd rather they take their time. If I get it by 2013 fine. If my order turns into 2014 thats fine too. Not the only horsey in the stable.

My thoughts exactly. I want to talk to my dealer and stall mine until the 14s are out, I'd rather not have a 13.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^Well I never said that^^^ :D I'd gladly accept a problem free one sometime this summer :D

And hopefully by the 2nd wave of ordering most if not all of the bugs will be out:smirk:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have opted out any consideration for buying a 2013. Here it is almost March and there are no cars delivered. I was at the unveiling in New York in April of last year and the cars were to be delivered in November or December. We still do not have the performance numbers for a production car. Someone should shoot the SRT PR people. I have no idea what is going to change in 2014. Right now.....I am just going to keep my ACR and I plan to now keep it for more years than I expected or planned. Even though I had one of the first 200 vipers ever produced and eight more have graced my driveway in the past 18 years....the ACR may be my last viper....unfortunately.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, they should consider making everything a 2014 at this point.... A few months from delivery, we'll have the "old" model. :dunno:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, they should consider making everything a 2014 at this point.... A few months from delivery, we'll have the "old" model. :dunno:

Agree. At this point I'm not sure if they're making tweaks to the PCM, more involved engineering changes or what but if so, it's probably worth the wait. I got a response from Ralph to a tweet I sent him saying that customer ordered cars won't be built until April. Now, it's very possible he misread what I asked but if the car I ordered in November won't be built until April then I'm fine with holding off a little longer to make it an early 2014.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling that if they are pushing off that far, people are going to start jumping ship and waiting.

Personally, waiting till April for me is testing the limits of what I was willing to wait. If they aren't going to build mine until April and I get it in May, that is longer than I wanted to wait.

Though looking through RG posts on Twitter, I can't see anything about April

Last edited:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all seriousness, they may want to consider changing it to a 2014. They may lose some orders if they don't.

I concur, although mine will probably still be a 2013 because I'm supposed to be part of the 1st wave (although no date yet!). I think it would be best for all parties involved to make the 2nd wave 2014s.

balance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said doctorbob. Overpromising and underdelivering is not the way to re-introduce this car.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or perhaps they are going to give it an electric motor in the back that will give an additional 200bhp and 300lb/ft or torque!!!!! muhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
and then we will rule all cars again!!!!!!

j/k

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But think about it... if you get one of 35 (or whatever) 2013s, think what they will be worth in 20 years! One of a low production model year is a good thing.

:D

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree 100%...they should all be called 2014's......and that is the least SRT should do....fat chance. 12 cars last week. At that rate it will take 22 more weeks just to get through the launch editions and the red cars. I'm starting to wish I had held on to my 08 until the new one is actually delivered. I really care about the quality, but SRT got ahead of themselves. I'm surprised there is not even more complaining. Keeping the faith...

Bill

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think SRT would do themselves well to be a bit more transparent to what is actually going on. People are a bit more understanding if you are upfront with them. I think patience is wearing thin for a lot of people.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think SRT would do themselves well to be a bit more transparent to what is actually going on. People are a bit more understanding if you are upfront with them. I think patience is wearing thin for a lot of people.

It is the grand experiment, is it not? The transparency means that people like VCA members have driven pre-production machines and have seen the car well in advance of anyone else...the flip side is that it does seem like *forever* when it comes to the car hitting the dealerships.

Can't have it both ways, folks. Respect the fact that you're in the loop, but remember that the car isn't even out yet before criticizing the manufacturer for 'taking so long.'

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poppycock. They were slated to start building in December and now it is the end of Feb with a total of 35 built. By any measure, that is behind.

Asking SRT to be more open for your $100k+ car isn't too much to ask.

They were plenty transparent to sell, now they need to deliver. I've been plenty optimistic through the whole process, but I am starting to get a bit annoyed.

Last edited:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well we just got over the Blizzard of 2013 here in New England and have another 1/2 foot of snow comin' this weekend so I'm glad I wasnt expecting to get a rear wheel drive supercar delivered in this weather :) But I'm sure in a few months when the car season really does start I'll be very anxious. I'm a second waver and still expect a June delivery.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Projects have their delays, I'm sure I'd be annoyed if I was promised something and it was put off, but I'm pretty sure no one who is making these cars is trying to delay anything at all and they're likely to be as anxious as everyone here to ship a great car.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO I think some individuals were given bad info by other than SRT, possibily the dealers. Item #1, because of weather, union constraints and the way the holidays landed, there were probably only ten full productive working days in December. I ordered my car in November and was never given any indication that the car would be here belore the end of February. Secondly, common sense dictates that even the end of February was not realistic, I always thought it would be March.

If March comes and goes without a car I will will probably start to feel differently, but, the current schedule is exactly what I always felt it would be.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well we just got over the Blizzard of 2013 here in New England and have another 1/2 foot of snow comin' this weekend so I'm glad I wasnt expecting to get a rear wheel drive supercar delivered in this weather :) But I'm sure in a few months when the car season really does start I'll be very anxious. I'm a second waver and still expect a June delivery.

I think you may be surprised. I think early first wave customer order cars---not the Launch Editions and the red cars---will be May or June cars. Even if Conner miraculously, immediately jumped the build rate up to the old 8 a day rate they were producing back in 08, that would get SRT to the point of starting the first wave of custom ordered cars in mid April. And you have 500 of them to build before the second wave is started---which would be mid July. And after they are built, they still have to be delivered. Sometimes it takes a while to put together a truckload so a delivery can be made to your area. We'll see.

Bill

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if my car i ordered ,which is an early first wave customer, is scheduled for a june delivery then i will be driving to ferrari of central nj to pick up an '08 or '09 used scuderia!!!

I think you may be surprised. I think early first wave customer order cars---not the Launch Editions and the red cars---will be May or June cars. Even if Conner miraculously, immediately jumped the build rate up to the old 8 a day rate they were producing back in 08, that would get SRT to the point of starting the first wave of custom ordered cars in mid April. And you have 500 of them to build before the second wave is started---which would be mid July. And after they are built, they still have to be delivered. Sometimes it takes a while to put together a truckload so a delivery can be made to your area. We'll see.

Bill

JonSav

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if my car i ordered ,which is an early first wave customer, is scheduled for a june delivery then i will be driving to ferrari of central nj to pick up an '08 or '09 used scuderia!!!

I will probably be doing something similar if I do not receive before July... get my money back and pick up a lambo or ferrari

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets