3m Clear Bra

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have some pictures of how these look? I am thinking about buying one for a 02 FE. Will the bra protect against stone chips?
Is the bra removable.

Also I need to get a front license plate holder. Anyone know where to get one that doesnt alter the body (no cutting or drilling)

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The clear bra will protect against most small stone chips, if you take a fairly large rock, it will still minimize the damage, but you may still get a mark. It is removable but that process is best left to the same qualified person that installs it. The one thing you need to be aware of is when they install over the stripes, the paint transition is not perfectly flat, and the installer needs to make sure they get a good seal over them or you will get a noticeable air pocket.
http://www.automotivearticles.com/Clear_Bra_3M.shtml

Bhuns16

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can get a "clip on" front plate bracket from JonB at PartsRack. Supposedly they are a thick rubber that work like a clothes pin. I don't have one but I should; just in case. I also live in one of those states where it's required. But I just always conveniently forget that I don't have one on the front. It looks like crap. Good luck.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also I need to get a front license plate holder. Anyone know where to get one that doesnt alter the body (no cutting or drilling)

On the way....thanks

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got one of those from Jon. I put my plate on it and tossed it in the back. If and when I get stopped I will say, "Gee officer I just washed my car and forgot to slip it back on" and hope that works. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4