4 POST CAR LIFT GROUP BUY!!! MORE INSIDE. NOT A BAD DEAL.

Reaction score
Agree with Jerry 100% ALI is a must.

When testing they cut cables, overload the lifts and they must not fail. Rotary is a great lift manufacturer and the largest supplier of commercial lifts. The lift for the VCA will be of equal quality to lifts made by Rotary, manufactured by one of the largest but not the largest lift manufactures in the USA. No question Rotary is a great lift.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
mattacr: Would you mind taking pictures of the lift for everyone on here and maybe some close ups? What are your experiences with this lift?

I do not make these lifts nor do I sell them so I have no experince with them. I am not trying to pitch these lifts, but just because the price is less does not mean it's bad. Think about some of the ridiculous cost of viper stuff and does it make it better? If this lift passes inspection and certification, then it's good enough for me. I will double check on what certification it has and post it.

Reaction score
Per the specs. of the pictured lift. The max. runway width is 75" That means if the tires are perfectly they would be at the edge of the runway? Sorry guys that is not a desirable situation.

The Viper lift is 44" inside runways and runways are 19" of flat surface. Max runway width is 82" This provides 3 1/2 inches per side for alignment of wheels to lift runway.

FYI some lift manufactures measure out side to out side of runway for width. That means the flat surface for the tires are less depending on the bend radius and material thickness. Verify how Rotary measures their runway width.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THOR,

Sorry this is not a teaser!

I have been working with a major commercial manufacturer for several months. Their President and VP have to approve our program. It will be VCA limited for the badging and total package pricing.

If you think the lift pictured under this topic is what you want please buy it! Personally I would not put a lift in my garage if it were free unless it passed commercial testing!

You've gotta have some ballpark figures to throw at these guys before making such a statement. Unless you have some numbers... sorry, it is a teaser!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, with this many guys looking to buy a lift i think we could get some very
good pricing on very high quality lift's. how about we contact a few of the
one's so highly spoken of, get group pricing and group shipping ( should be
a real savings there ). i myself dont really know much about them, however i
do have kids and safety is my main concern. i would pay more if it really
would be a better lift. hope someone who know's more about them would give us
all a education as to what to look for and what would be a fair price. i can
see a scair tactic approach (SAFETY) in selling to raize the price for a novice
buying his first lift. TIME TO DO SOME HOMEWORK ON THIS ONE.

TOM

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know here in Canada we pay $4600 cdn for a Rotary Revolution lift. Our shop commercial grade Lift was $12000 in comparison. In my opinion Rotary is the best lift on the market next to a Hunter. Hunter lifts are for alignments only

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Per the specs. of the pictured lift. The max. runway width is 75" That means if the tires are perfectly they would be at the edge of the runway? Sorry guys that is not a desirable situation.

The Viper lift is 44" inside runways and runways are 19" of flat surface. Max runway width is 82" This provides 3 1/2 inches per side for alignment of wheels to lift runway.

FYI some lift manufactures measure out side to out side of runway for width. That means the flat surface for the tires are less depending on the bend radius and material thickness. Verify how Rotary measures their runway width.

Fred its very simple....I know you are trying to push your lift here, but some of us don't have $3k or more to spend on a lift. If you don't like this lift then don't buy it.

Guys,

I will make a personal trip up there and take my camera to put all of this to rest. I will try to do it this weekend if possible.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred,keep me posted I want only a very safe lift that I feel confident being under ...... my life is worth much more then a couple of hundred dollar savings

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally...

I think its total BS that you jerks come on here, and try to hijack AB's post. Why the hell are you not starting your own post trying to sell your lift? I am THE FIRST PERSON to give AB $hit, but this is total crap.

I am in total agreement that it’s GREAT to ask these questions, and I too am very excited to find out the answers to them. But this other crap with being safer with my son around, special badging, snake oil lubricant is just crap. WE ALL want safe, regardless of who is in our life, or garage, and in this case, these folks are looking for frugal solution for a lift, something not often afforded Viper owners, when it comes to things related to our cars.

AB is offering up a potential solution for us all looking to spend in this ballpark, and all the others are offering "teasers", "pie in the sky", and "feel good" descriptions with no prices, no concrete details, and no pictures.

If you don’t like my post, don’t really care. When I think its going to far hijacking someone’s post (especially one that has value).. its saying something.....

OK Rant over, and if all goes well with AB's inspection, and photo ops, I am STILL BUYING ONE. Might just buy TWO cuz you people pissed me off.

Jon

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not quite ready to buy one, but it seems to me that it is key that the lift will elevate the vehicle by the wheels OR the frame, in order to make it easier to work on the suspension. That is, unless you just want the lift to be able to store another garaged vehicle and not for doing any work on the car.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks AB for all your work on this group buy.
I will be in the market in a few months for a lift and will have to pass on this deal right now :-(
I would like to see some more pics of this lift so when I am ready to buy I have all the info I need.
At this point I am leaning toward the Revolution lift just because I trust Rotary and I dont know enough about this lift.
As far as a "safe" lift is concerned, Of course I want a "safe" lift, as well as having $1000.00 in my pocket, but I wont buy a "unsafe" lift just to save $$$.
I have heard of some edgy lifts on the market and would simply want to make sure this one is not one of them.
Getting squashed or squashing my cars isnt worth saving a few bucks.
Thanks again AB for putting this together.
Cheers,

Reaction score
Please buy any lift you want.

I am letting people, interested in lifts, know that there will be a lift offered very soon that provides functionality (wheels fit on runway with a few inches for alignment), ramp allows access without blocks, etc. for the Viper and it is a commercial lift tested to ETL, ANSI/ALI ALCTV-1998 standards.

Just so you complainers get it straight the Helmet City discounts came from my work, also the Skip Barber VCA discounts. If I see a need I try to address it. I have been looking at lifts for several years. There are many home lift manufactures some may be very good or very bad but if not tested we will never know. Commercial lifts have technicians working under them all day making their features a little more demanding. There will be a "commercial" lift available very soon (few days to a couple weeks max) that has specific functionality for Vipers, with commercial testing to insure design and lift function. And working for special VCA branding.

It will not be less than AB's posted price and the wheels will not be at the runway edge with perfect alignment.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, here's an update:

If you order 12 or more of these lifts, the shipping it free...but the catch is..they have to be delivered to one spot...so that most likely won't happen.

If you order a few to one spot, then you get a discount off the shipping on the entire order that is going to the one spot.

I am having a current VCA member give me more insight on this lift.

When I got off the phone with Complete Hydraulics...they are ANSI certified : Cert#B153.1-1981...1981 is the certification date, but that has to do with the rules since then not changing to be ANSI certified.

The Hydraulic is made in the USA and made in Michigan by Monarch.

They are going to see if a customer in Louisville will let me check out his lift in person. If that happens, I will take lots of picutres.

Again, I do not support this company and want just as much safety in this lift as Fred says his has. But I don't have deep pockets and don't really care for the frills if it's not quaility or safety related. I learn some time back scare tactics will sell, but educate yourself first...and that is what I plan on doing. I wish I could afford Fred's lift and if you can...and want the frills...then go for it! No skin off my back.

Oh, by the way...Complete Hydraulics said they have had not 1 lift fail on them, the only problems they said happened was due to maybe all the hardware not being there such as a bolt or something...but they said they resolved that fast!

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ab,

I'm in the process of moving I would like to say yes but can't until we know when the house will close. Can be 2 to 6 weeks away. So I will leave it up to you if you want to put me on the list.

Thanks

Mighty GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a word.....Seems like there is big interest in these lifts. Lets get all the information together and make an
"informed" decision.

When your talking about 8-15 lifts, any manufacturer will
probably do something on price point. The original deal seemed good, but I'd also like to know about the other lift also. Pricing meanns a lot to me, and I won't be raising and lower my car 10 times a day, not even 10 times
a month, so my needs may be different than yours.....
But safety...........#1 priority.. I have some bambinos
also.

I am not supporting one lift or the other, just looking for the information. I am getting a lift one way or the other, so it would be nice to save some "scoobies".

tmcalist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ab - put me down for one. Thanks again for doing the research on this. Not sure if still have my contact info. from the group buy on the HIDs.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I finally got someone local in Louisville, Ky to look at his lift. I just need to call him on Saturday. I will take good pictures and trust me if these lifts are junk then I will tell you it's junk. I don't want anyone getting hurt either...I will see if I can park my Viper on it and get some wheel clearance shots....If there is 3 or so inches on both sides of the ramp..that is fine with me...I don't need an airplane runway to load my car on.
So everyone hold on to your money until I get more word on it. :2tu:

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ab... I might be interested (you do not need to put my name on your list yet). When you look at the lift this weekend, one thing you should try is shaking the lift with the car fully lifted. Some lifts literally will not shift at all, while other will wobble notably. Of course, even a "flimsy" lift will not wobble as much if it bolted to the grounded, so you may want to check to see if the one you are looking at is bolted to the ground or simply freestanding.

Thanks for pulling this group buy together!

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ab - Thanx much for your efforts. I too will look forward to your update snd pics. :2tu:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fred its very simple....I know you are trying to push your lift here, but some of us don't have $3k or more to spend on a lift. If you don't like this lift then don't buy it.

Guys,

I will make a personal trip up there and take my camera to put all of this to rest. I will try to do it this weekend if possible.

AB, We all appreciate your efforts and you are right, not all can cough up 3K for a lift. I talked with the folks at Complete Hydraulics to get the answers to my remaining questions, and they are as follows:

The owner of Complete Hydraulics designed the lift, it is not a drop ship from China, it is manufactured in TX.

The Hydraulics comes from MI, and any warranty issues are dealt with directly from Complete Hydraulics.

I asked if they make, or could make a slightly wider lift, as this one is right on the ragged edge for the Viper. The sales person said they are working on an XLT lift (extra long and tall), but the sales person did not know if it would be wider. I may call back and try to talk the owner into making it taller, longer AND wider ;)

For those wanting to calculate shipping, the shipping point is Franklin Indiana.

FYI, the lift I have been looking at is from a place called www.autolifters.com I was looking at their "M-80" lift primarily because it has 24 wide inch runways, is 89 inches from the outside to the outside of the runways, and is 101 inches between the posts.

With my Viper being 80 inches outside of mirror to outside of mirror, I figured even I could get on and off the lift without smacking something :) I also like the sleeve post design, although some have negetives to say about sleeve type (verses open post) designs, from an engineering standpoint, they are safer.

They do offer a narrower lift that is 77" outside of ramp to outside of ramp for $300 less, this one is more equivalent in size to the one you have worked this deal on.

The downside is to get equivalent equipment to the CL-8000CSP it would cost:

lift - $2595 (went up $100 yesterday, introduced XT :( )
(smaller lift, $2295)
extended ramp - $99
jack tray - $119
caster kit - $249
Total = $3062

right at that $3000 level..... the reason one is not in my shop yet.

$1650 (even the non-deal $1850 is great) is a fantastic price for an American designed and mfg. lift.

dech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm just curious why you guys are all leaning towards the four post lift. To me these lifts seem so much more limited than the two post lift, which is the same price!

I purchased the Complete Hydraulic SL10000oh Lift for $1,650 (picture below) which is a monster lift with 10K lb capacity, low ceiling height and good lifting height. The price now has gone up to $1,750, but under a group buy I'm sure you could get this one for less...

My ceilings are 10'10" tall and I did have to cut small holes in the ceiling to allow the lift to go a few inches into the ceiling, but could be more happy with the lift overall!

Here is a link to the web site ad for this lift:

Link to Lift
Here is a picture of the lift, which I can take one of the Viper on it if you guys want to see the width clearance.
You must be registered for see images

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just measured mine and it is slightly more than 79 across runway to runway with each runway about 19 inches wide. I have about 3 inches outside of each tire when centered. I also have 92 inches between the posts and 90 inches between the cables (closest parts to the car).

No problem going up or down. Having a significantly wider runway would make working on the car more difficult.

My lift is a Stinger (also American made) but is about 8 years old. Still works perfectly. But back then prices must have been more as it cost well over 3k.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm just curious why you guys are all leaning towards the four post lift. To me these lifts seem so much more limited than the two post lift, which is the same price!

I purchased the Complete Hydraulic SL10000oh Lift for $1,650 (picture below) which is a monster lift with 10K lb capacity, low ceiling height and good lifting height. The price now has gone up to $1,750, but under a group buy I'm sure you could get this one for less...

My ceilings are 10'10" tall and I did have to cut small holes in the ceiling to allow the lift to go a few inches into the ceiling, but could be more happy with the lift overall!

Here is a link to the web site ad for this lift:

Link to Lift
Here is a picture of the lift, which I can take one of the Viper on it if you guys want to see the width clearance.
You must be registered for see images

That lift looks great...
Any issues with getting the pads to lift..under the Viper...?
Some shops I have worked at, the 2 post lifts are a beeoch the get the pads under...I had to lift up on the side of the car or drive it onto wood blocks first...
Also any issues with letting the wheels hang down for a long period of time?
Finally do you need to pour new thicker concrete for the floor to support the lift???
Cheers,

dech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That lift looks great...
Any issues with getting the pads to lift..under the Viper...?
Some shops I have worked at, the 2 post lifts are a beeoch the get the pads under...I had to lift up on the side of the car or drive it onto wood blocks first...
Also any issues with letting the wheels hang down for a long period of time?
Finally do you need to pour new thicker concrete for the floor to support the lift???
Cheers,

The nice thing about this lift is the versatility. It has a configurations for Symmetric or Asymmetric. The pads are threaded and are very easy to raise or lower to the needed height. I have placed a lot of very low cars on this lift and have never had a problem getting the pads under the car, including lowered vipers.

The specifications are for a minimum of 4" cement, which is pretty standard. If you have cracks in the cement, you have to locate the lift at least 6" from any cracks.

As far as letting the wheels hang down, I'm not sure about that as I'm not limited on space so don't use the lift for storage (the picture was taken just to show someone else the lift configuration). I would not think it would be a problem, but maybe someone else could chime in on this...

Good luck!
Daniel

VGTSFE266

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB,

I am interested in a lift also. I am mixed on price, although it would be nice to get one under the 2k range, I am more interested in getting one with the following features:

1. 4 Post that I do not have to anchor.
2. Want it big and wide enough to accomadate the Viper with ease (don't want it to be an art to drive it on or off).
3. Would like it to have the castors so I can move it around.
4. Passes all the safety specs.
5. Have the option to lift by the frame, so I can do work on the car.

# 5 is not a must, but it would be nice! Let me know what you find out.

Thanks for all your research!

VGTSFE266 :usa: :cool:

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, I went out this morning to meet up with a
Corvette guy whowas real cool in letting me check
out his lift.

I also included a video of the lift too.
Please note: I made a comment about not resting
the lift on the metal blocks...and keeping tension
on the cables. Resting the lift on the blocks are
okay...what it he was referring to was to try to
keep slack of the cable to a minimum. But with
the cable adjustment, that is not going to be
an issue if you adjust it right.

Video of the lift in action.
click

1. Lift looked very strong.
2. Ramps to get on lift were made of steel
3. Drip pans are made of heavy gauge steel
4. Lift ramps are strong and can have a jack
placed underneath the car to raise it up.
5. Locking mechanism to keep lift up is just like any other
6. Low maintenance
7. Comes with all the hardware you need
8. Ramps will accomodate a lowered viper.

Dislikes:
1. Width of the lift could be a little wider, but after
measuring my viper and the lift, you will have a few inches
on each side. (My question is to you...is it worth a couple of
more thousands of dollares to have extra side wheel ramp runner space?)
For me, no. I can live with it and just need to pay attention on getting
on the ramp. Mirrors on the wall will help guide you in if you have no one
to guide you.

440DSC02688.JPG

440DSC02689.JPG

440DSC02691.JPG

440DSC02695.JPG

440DSC02694.JPG

440DSC02693-med.JPG

440DSC02701.JPG

440DSC02703.JPG

440DSC02704.JPG

440DSC02702.JPG

440DSC02700.JPG

440DSC02698.JPG

440DSC02721.JPG

440DSC02731.JPG

440DSC02718-med.JPG

440DSC02717-med.JPG

440DSC02728.JPG

440DSC02732.JPG

440DSC02719.JPG

440DSC02712.JPG

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have decided I will buy one of these lifts.
At the price of $1650.00 plus shipping...I
don't think you can go wrong.

This lift looks and FEELs safe. I shook
the lift and it didn't wobble. When the
car was being lifted, it didn't wobble either.

Okay, group buy is on!!!

If you want this lift...email me at [email protected] (PLEASE DO NOT pm WITH THIS INFO) and put in
the subheading VCA group buy with
the following information:

Full name with address and zip code.
I will get shipping cost out to you
and we will move to the next step.

PLEASE BE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS BUY
IF YOU PLAN ON DOING IT.

ALSO ON THIS THREAD, IF YOU DON'T WANT THIS LIFT
THAT IS OKAY...BUT PLEASE DON'T COME ON THIS THREAD AND
SAY THAT YOUR LIFT IS BETTER AND SO ON...
IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR LIFT IS BETTER THAN GREAT, BUT
FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ON A BUDGET LIKE ME..THIS WILL WORK FINE.
FOR THE ONES WHO CAN AFFORD MORE FRILLS, THEN THEY
CAN BUY THE OTHER LIFTS. I'M NOT A GARAGE AND WILL NOT
BE NEEDING SOMETHING THAT IS GOING TO BE USED 10-20
TIMES A DAY...IF YOU DO PLAN ON DOING THAT, THEN THIS
IS NOT THE LIFT FOR YOU...IT'S SLOW WHEN RAISING IT UP.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960