404 error: Jon B grumpiness not found

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Jon B at Partsrack yesterday to inquire into ordering a new set of rear Kumho V700's for my GTS. He shot me a great price on the pair, already had my information on file in his system, and processed my order in about 20 seconds. Even said he'd try to get them out the door same day (although I'm not in a hurry).

Fastest, easiest order I've placed. Chatted a bit about his recent acquisition of the OEM Viper parts and found him to be very helpful and friendly....again.

Just thought I'd share my positive experience with Partsrack.

Thanks, Jon!

OKFireChief

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Watch the V 700 Kuhmos ...

I ran mine at the SRT/Mopars at the track, (5-20 minute run sessions) and at Viper Days this past weekend (5-30 minute run sessions). The grip was great but they wear quickly on the road course. Will not be able to use them the rest of the season.

Had a Kuhmo sponserd driver who knew a ton about the tires look at mine. He told me that they were autocross tires and not road track tires. He also said they should NOT be heat treated but should be shaved.

The Kuhmos stuck great!!! Not complaining about the grip ... But they do wear real fast. We did moniter air pressure after each run and made adjustments as needed ... Keep in mind I'm a rookie on the track.

I will buy Kumos next year, but will ask for a road course tire. By the way, Jon B sold me the tires and was not grumpy at all.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha!

Anyone else know what 404 is? I grew up on UNIX workstations in my career, just shows the internet is still UNIX based!

There are 3 fields for read, write and execute permissions on UNIX files, the 3 fields are Owner, Group and All. For this 404 example setting, 4 is for Owner, 0 is for Group, and 4 is for All.

Read = 4
Write = 2
Execute = 1
0 = None of the above

7 = read (= 4) + write (= 2) + execute (= 1)

i.e. Full Permission for everyone on UNIX files would be 777 (7 for the Owner, 7 for the Group and 7 for All), just add 4 + 2 + 1 = 7.

404 breakdown is.. 4 (Owner), 0 (Group), 4 (All).

4 = Owner can only read the file (but not write or execute).

0 = In a Group of assigned users, they can do nothing (not read, write / rewrite over or execute).

4 = All can only read, as in everyone else as a random guest / user can only read the file (not write / rewrite over or execute), cannot execute a script, webpage html, etc.

It's not like DOS, if you click a file with an extension .exe your PC will try to run execute the file. In UNIX, you can name the file with no extension, call it whatever, and the permissions will decide if the UNIX station will execute it. PC / DOS systems are kind of dumb, they need to read extensions to understand what to do with the file, and associate it with a program. Long live UNIX! :D Then again, there's Linux, a combination of DOS and UNIX.

Not that I don't like PCs. I just bought a laptop from Joseph Dell. :2tu:

Therefore.. for JonB, to do a chmod UNIX command, it sounds like you intended to imply 777 ? :D

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg

OP
OP
J

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good grief! I ordered a set of Kumhos from Jon B late Thursday afternoon. I came home today (Monday evening), and they're already sitting on my front steps.

Can't ask for better service or faster shipping than that!

Thanks, Jon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang