5-Point Belts Info ...

DCR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s a head’s-up on the ACR/GT-2 5-point safety belts recall matter. This is in no way an official announcement or policy, just, ah, my 2c worth:

It may seem that the belts recall issue is hanging fire due to apparent inaction, but I assure you it is not. According to what I hear around the water cooler in certain offices, work is feverishly underway on two issues: 1) Needing belts to build (or, in some cases, finish building) current-run Viper ACRs, and 2) Obtaining sufficient replacement belts for the recalled Viper ACRs and commemorative GT-2 models.

This is being taken <very> seriously by those in charge of the belt matters, believe me – but from what I hear informally, the recall probably cannot or will not be officially made until at least 50 percent of the replacement parts are on hand –- and adding to the supply-line headaches, key components must be imported from overseas.

In any case, work is progressing behind the scenes to get the replacement parts and replacement belts to you, your dealers and to CAAP with all deliberate speed. Some Good News: There may be 44 Viper ACRs, now waiting at CAAP for the 5-point belts replacement, that could be shipped as soon as early May.

I occasionally hear things around campus that I’ll pass along as often as I can. Thought you would like to know the foregoing, however.
You must be registered for see images

FYi & review.

best!

// DCR SENDS //

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by DCR on April 30, 2001 at 16:28</font>

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
THANKS, DCR. I don't think anyone REALLY expected Dodge to pull new belts (with appropriate logos) "out of their hat" on short notice. REAL RACERS have very likely updated their belts by now anyway....and therefore, replacements likely to go into the "stock take-offs" box for the short term. I would RATHER see a new ACR delivered LONG before we get replacements for the ACR in our garage. Thanks again for your insights!!