6.632 @ 211.86mph MOPOWER!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark Hollands car just ran 6.632 at 211.86mph. Not bad for a doorslammer heavyweight, but there's more in it yet.

Not a Viper I know - but thought you guys might enjoy seeing a picture of the NZ Blue Thunder Racing Valiant Charger. It's an Aussie based body (still has the original steel roof) - in road trim they had the same basic platform as the muscle Mopar A-bodies.

It runs a 440 based Arias block out to 499 cubes and Indy heads with PSI blower. Not sure of exact weight now, but when I was sponsoring and crewing on it - it was 2700lbs without ballast, and race weight was typically 3000lb with full boost, or less with a lower boost pulley (silly rules). The PSI can pump out 55psi boost with ease.

We should get Mark to run a Viper body over the frame for next season. Doors will have to open though and a donor for molds found... it could be the first 6 second Viper ;)

go to www.bluethunderracing.co.nz and see diary, picture & video pages.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******]! Amazing how fast door slammers are getting! I got this on an email from a friend about the first door slammer in the 5's!!!!!!!!!

"Just a little update, from sea level-ville Darlington SC. How about a 63
Corvette Pro Mod, Supercharged and...
2430 HP !!! 5.98 @ 231... First Doorslammer in the fives, a very cool
thing!"

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark Hollands car just ran 6.632 at 211.86mph. Not bad for a doorslammer heavyweight, but there's more in it yet.

Not a Viper I know - but thought you guys might enjoy seeing a picture of the NZ Blue Thunder Racing Valiant Charger. It's an Aussie based body (still has the original steel roof) - in road trim they had the same basic platform as the muscle Mopar A-bodies.

It runs a 440 based Arias block out to 499 cubes and Indy heads with PSI blower. Not sure of exact weight now, but when I was sponsoring and crewing on it - it was 2700lbs without ballast, and race weight was typically 3000lb with full boost, or less with a lower boost pulley (silly rules). The PSI can pump out 55psi boost with ease.

We should get Mark to run a Viper body over the frame for next season. Doors will have to open though and a donor for molds found... it could be the first 6 second Viper ;)

go to www.bluethunderracing.co.nz and see diary, picture & video pages.

That is a nice run. I agree on the use of a Viper body.

Here is the link for the Mitch Stott 5 second run. Notice he was below min. NHRA weight. There was no weight restrictions at this event.

http://www.nhra.com/2003/news/february/021401.html

OP
OP
T

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool! 5's is way fassst!

yeah - at that power I knew it'd be light! 3000lbs would slow it down a lot!

I'll always remember the day we gave an ex drag racer who'd had an accident and become a paraplegic a ride. He couldn't race anymore so Mark strapped him in. we set the clutch a bit tight tho, and the car bucked and stood up in every gear then actually wheelstood 6" across the finish line at 202mph under power! THAT was awesome - and a ride he'll never forget!