704.79rwhp and 634.50 rwt bone stock with Paxton!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from the dyno and the numbers are above. It was on a Dynojet and the temp was 78 I am happy with the results. Stock exhaust and everything else stock except for Paxton. The car has only 458 miles on the clock.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What were the uncorrected numbers? I am guessing that you have a significant altitude correction which may work to a charged engines advantage.

I say that as I have seen a Paxton engine on an engine dyno and it only pulled 700 hp at the crankshaft (640-650 RWHP).

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No that was corrected for sea level. And yes stock Paxton system. Doug Levin is going to come down and tune on my old DLM car and he will tune mine as well. So I think there is some power left on the table. Maybe not peak but in the power band it runs very rich about 4800rpm.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Something a little fishy about bone stock at 705RW. Not suggesting anyone is intentionally stretching things something is not right.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenric, you missed my question. That is what were the results before applying correction factors. I understood that the numbers were corrected.

In effect in order to make 705 RWHP would be in the vicinity of 790 hp crankshaft, or 55% higher than stock. That amount of increase should take about 11 psi boost, not the 8 to 8.5 psi the stock Paxton provides.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, that now makes sense. I assume you are at a fairly high altitude to have that much of a correction factor.

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is not a far fetched number...I just did a totally stock '05 for a member here and it made 723 and 685. Stock pulley that came in the kit with 93 octane fuel... it had a vec 2 and no fmu...other than that, just a tune from me. I have a dynojet in St. Louis and my dyno reads about 20 low for the average 500 hp car that comes here from all over the United States. If you get aggressive with the tune, 750 is easy to make....I would expect nothing less than the 700 range.
Joe

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we are a mile high. In the 1/4 I would loose a second and 8 to 9 miles an hour compared to sea level.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car with the paxton on RSI's dyno made 705rwhp right b/f they dismantaled it for the TT setup. That was with a fat tune. If I wanted to go leaner I could of made 750 but with a stock bottom end its not worth 45 hp for 3 months of summer down time.

vd..

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, my SRT Ram (Reg cab) on a Mustang dyno (only getting 6 psi) was around 693 crank horsepower and torque. I'm hoping for 730-750 crank when the missing 2 psi is found (airleaks). Other mods are bellanger headers, no cats, and custom corsa exhaust with 4 dynomax mufflers. How are you guys with the same motor and same Paxton system getting my crank numbers at the wheels? I'm guessing its all in the tune? Woodhouse is tuning mine. Those are awesome numbers given no other mods. Congrats!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32