"8350 Registered here....1659 active" ?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please What does this stat mean, at the BOTTOM of the forum pages?

The one at TOP means 'how many are online'... but what defines 1659 ACTIVE at the bottom?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Jon, someone like big brother must be watching us and making a determination as to who is a couch potato and who is not. The nots make up the active.

In this weather put me down as a couch potato (even though I am at the kitchen table as I write this).

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "Currently Active" count is the number of users that were logged in and viewing pages at that time. If my memory serves correctly, there is a 10 minute idle timer, after which if you have not viewed/refreshed a page, you get removed from the active users list.

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The "Currently Active" count is the number of users that were logged in and viewing pages at that time. If my memory serves correctly, there is a 10 minute idle timer, after which if you have not viewed/refreshed a page, you get removed from the active users list.

KC, THATS the Top number...at this moment it says:
Currently Active Users: 110 (46 members and 64 guests)

It changes in real-time. I understand that one. But the waaaay-down bottom number at end of forums is "Forum Statistics" Relatively fixed... 8350-ish registered. 1650-ish active. Right now it says:

Threads: 101,175, Posts: 1,056,383, Members: 8,351, Active Members: 1,661

WHAT DEFINES ACTIVE in that context? How does one become inactive? 6 mos? 6 days? 1 year? Or like Ron says: When do you beceome couch potato in these stats? THANKS!

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KC, THATS the Top number...at this moment it says:
Currently Active Users: 110 (46 members and 64 guests)

It changes in real-time. I understand that one. But the waaaay-down bottom number at end of forums is "Forum Statistics" Relatively fixed... 8350-ish registered. 1650-ish active. Right now it says:

Threads: 101,175, Posts: 1,056,383, Members: 8,351, Active Members: 1,661

WHAT DEFINES ACTIVE in that context? How does one become inactive? 6 mos? 6 days? 1 year? Or like Ron says: When do you beceome couch potato in these stats? THANKS!

Ok, I gotcha now.

That number represents all registered users who have visited the site in the last 30 days. So, there are 8350 User accounts in the data base, and of those, 1659 have visited the site logged into their account in the last 30 days. This doesn't count lurkers who have not registered.

That answer your question?

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, I gotcha now.

That number represents all registered users who have visited the site in the last 30 days. So, there are 8350 User accounts in the data base, and of those, 1659 have visited the site logged into their account in the last 30 days. This doesn't count lurkers who have not registered. That answer your question?[/quote]

EXACTLY, and ..THANKS KC !

I assumed that 8000 + see my Sponsor ads/posts within 30-60 days.... guess not.
[But I suppose it could be MORE due to "lurkers" ....]

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon I agree.I have been on more than usual so far this Winter and I notice about a 2 to 1 ratio on average of LURKERS to registered VCA members.I was on the other night and there were about 30 members and 100 guests! Come to think of it everytime since November I am on I have noticed more guests than members.

I am guessing that from your great feedback in the Vendor Review section recently for PartsRack, that you are getting more traffic to your site Jon and thus more orders?

Kevin. 2002 rt10.