9.9 @149.8 mph/My daily driver LPE C5

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys I went to the track and ran a 9.9 @149.8 mph in my LPE 346 TT C5. This was the first time I had the CCW drag wheels on it. So I just wanted to get use to them first. I babied it of the line.
I could not belive it went 9.9 with 149 mph :shocked: I take this car to work all most every day. My wife drives it more then I do. Its my daily car.... Just thought some of u guys would like to know this.. I know its not a Viper.

Thanks LPE... :2tu:

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THat is incredible mph. Great time as well. That car is putting out some serious power.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, how much horsepower do you have? Those vettes are lighter than the Vipers.
I'll make sure to stay out of your way :cool:

-Lou

OP
OP
D

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a Auto. Thanks guys.. Yes LPE knows there stuff. I will get the final dyno #'s this week. They are still tuning it just right. Did I say LPE is great..lol
I guessing over 800 rwhp 850+ rwtq.. But I will know in a few days..

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome run man, dont forget to mention this was all done with a 1.9 60ft time :eek: Keep us posted on your dyno results :2tu:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are u using the stock 4l60e auto tranny or are u using a aftermarket auto tranny like the ones offered by mike sennia of yank converters?

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody ever tried racing you on the street not knowing what your car is capable of :eek: ? Especially with an auto trans, I bet that sucker hooks and launches hard as hell.

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a Auto. Thanks guys.. Yes LPE knows there stuff. I will get the final dyno #'s this week. They are still tuning it just right. Did I sat LPE is great..lol
I guessing over 800 rwhp 850+ rwtq.. But I will know in a few days..

Congrats, but 800RWHP+ out of a stock bore LS1 is almost impossible along with daily driver freindlness. I'm not a stranger to LPE mtself, I had work done to my C4. The 427TT makes 800hp, but nowhere does the stock bore package claim 800hp? :confused: The stock bore TT is "only" 550hp, and the 6560TT package is bored to a 383ci. The 800TT car is trapping at 155mph with 800 Crank horsepower. With your 149mph, I' guess you're in the 650-700hp range.

Please post some dyno pics, once again congrats on the times. :2tu:

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet!

Awesome run - I love those LPE 'vettes...I've had to really resist John Page tempting me with a 427 TT lately. ;)

OP
OP
D

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Congrats, but 800RWHP+ out of a stock bore LS1 is almost impossible along with daily driver freindlness.

[/QUOTE]

Its a 346 with a LPE TT kit. Its my every day car and still drives like stock.
U can always call LPE for more info. My car is the first one with this new kit.
Looks like they will sell a lot of these kits... :2tu:

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote

[/QUOTE]

What "New" kit is this, LPE has been offering the Twin Turbo package for years now??? :confused:

Bill C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote

What "New" kit is this, LPE has been offering the Twin Turbo package for years now??? :confused:

[/QUOTE]

I have a LPE stageII with a boost controller C5 Vette. It has a 346cid eng. and they have been working on ways to run more boost on pump gas and even much higher H/P levels on race gas. Watched DJ's pass and his car sounded as stock as mine does. And yes he has alot more power than I do now.

Bill

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJ,CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN! MOPAR.. FYI... YOU STATED THE 650 LPE TT IS BORED TO A 383.MY WIFE DRIVES A 650 LPE TT AERO BODY C-5 AND THE LAST TIME WE CHECKED THE CUBIC INCHES THEY WERE STILL AT 346 NOT 383. REGARDS! NORM K :2tu:

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJ,CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN! MOPAR.. FYI... YOU STATED THE 650 LPE TT IS BORED TO A 383.MY WIFE DRIVES A 650 LPE TT AERO BODY C-5 AND THE LAST TIME WE CHECKED THE CUBIC INCHES THEY WERE STILL AT 346 NOT 383. REGARDS! NORM K :2tu:

I stand corrected then. For some reason I thought it was bored to a 383, sorry for the confusion. :)

Once again awesome times and power from that C5 DJ. :2tu:

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is FLIPPING fast! Congrats! Is this on a stock bottom end or a built bottom end still that retains the 346 stock displacement? How much boost? I would guess about 25 PSI peak? Also do you have larger turbos than the standard 650 HP stage II package?

Well guys I went to the track and ran a 9.9 @149.8 mph in my LPE 346 TT C5. This was the first time I had the CCW drag wheels on it. So I just wanted to get use to them first. I babied it of the line.
I could not belive it went 9.9 with 149 mph :shocked: I take this car to work all most every day. My wife drives it more then I do. Its my daily car.... Just thought some of u guys would like to know this.. I know its not a Viper.

Thanks LPE... :2tu:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so any word on the dyno #s?? I'm curious to what you are putting out :p

OP
OP
D

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys.. Its a 346 built bottom end. Yes the turbos are biger than the standard 650 kit. We were only running 17-18 psi of boost. The turbos are good for 25psi. So is the motor. This is a new kit LPE will be offering. Call LPE for more detailed info. Here is a link to one of my runs.. :cool:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=693243

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive, saw the 10.0 video, sweet! Are you planning on cranking the boost and going back to the track again? Do you even have a cage in the car?

Thanks guys.. Its a 346 built bottom end. Yes the turbos are biger than the standard 650 kit. We were only running 17-18 psi of boost. The turbos are good for 25psi. So is the motor. This is a new kit LPE will be offering. Call LPE for more detailed info. Here is a link to one of my runs.. :cool:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=693243

OP
OP
D

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put in a roll bar the day before the track. I do most all my driving on the street. Never wanted a roll bar. Just got one to make the wife happy. Yes IM going to go to the track again.. :2tu:

9-Sec C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJSelf, Let's get some Vipers to come to the Tuner Shootout in Jackson,SC .

OP
OP
D

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu:
Ill start a new post..
I talked to Jason Heffner. He has some fast Vipers.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJ Self

Nice Runs.

9-sec-C5
We might make the VIper Vette shoot-out. There is one in Florida the week after the V-10 Nationals that I may stay for. Just depends.
How many cars you expecting?

9-Sec C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc , There could be anywhere from 30 to 50 Vettes showing up , I have some coming from Texas , as well as quite a few from LPE .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte