92 model

dzrman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a 92 model, has aftermarket hard top and 49,000 miles. What's it worth and should I ? Its been in storage for about 13 years.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The storage part for 13 years is a problem especially if it was never started up.

You have to look at it closely. Engine probably will need new head gaskets has they leak because they weren't made with great materials. Rubber lines brittle or really anything with rubber on it. Corrosion on cylinder walls and in coolant system.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sitting for 13 years is painful for these cars, if you intend
to drive it youre going to need a full fluid flush, tires, and
there are several iffy components (like head gaskets and
seals) that dont take well to Boredom. 92 is also a much
rarer and therefore... slightly... more difficult to find certain
parts for... I would say expect to spend at least another
$5k on reviving parts, $10k if you have to pay someone
to do it for you...

That being said $25,000, without knowing more about the
car, sounds like a screaming deal. Id trade my RamSRT
today for a $25k 92, regardless of miles.

OP
OP
D

dzrman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, I got the vin and it is a 93,not a 92. the owner is a elderly man so i think he forgot what he has. He is willing to sell me the car for $20,000. Carfax shows 2 owner with mileage noted as 23,456 when last reported. The paint is chipped just above trunk lid and will need painted there. Rest of the body looks good. I hope if it needs more then I want to spend that I can just part it out to recoup my 20,000.. I am just looking for a nice driver to go along with my 72 pantera and 2020 redeye. should I go for it or pass.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A former mechanic at my dealer very recently sent me pics of my '93 Viper while it was getting the A/C installed and ready for me to pick up. These cars need to be kept whole if they are in decent shape and can be made driveable without too much fuss!

Attachments

• Deans new 93 A-C install.JPG
    Deans new 93 A-C install.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Deans new 93 delivery ready.JPG
    Deans new 93 delivery ready.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Deans new 93 front.JPG
    Deans new 93 front.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Deans new 93 rear.JPG
    Deans new 93 rear.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
D

dzrman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update on the viper, I bought the viper. Its a 93 and I bought it for $20,000. The car is like new on the inside but the paint has a few little bubbles so I have decided to have it repainted. It needed new fuel lines and fuel injectors. I sent the injectors off to get cleaned and was told they were junk from sitting so long. I bought new ones from FIVE O MOTOR SPORTS and runs like a new car now. If anyone needs new injectors I highly suggest using Five O motorsports as they were very helpful on getting me properly flowed injectors for the viper... I will be posting pics of the car once its back from the paint shop.

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Five O will fail, ask me how I know......... Probably better than the stockers though. Keep an eye on them. Is it a rear antenna car? Did it come with an Autoform hard top?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21