96 hennessey 600

trick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is a 96 HMS 600... thee body is fine paint is not good and the interior is BAD... the door panels aren't even really bolted to the car... who ever did the stereo put the car back together with Sheetrock screws...

and it needs tires and U joints... it runs well and only has 19k on it... hes asking 29k

OP
OP
T

trick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front Fascia
You must be registered for see images attach

Scratches from the top.

Hennessey plate and missing radio

You must be registered for see images

hammed leather

the top

info

Rashed up wheels

OP
OP
T

trick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got him down to 22k but i had my my heart set on a gen 1 (love side pipes) but this is a Hennessey... i am at a dissidence

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have any first-hand knowledge, but from reading the posts on this forum it seems the fact that it is a Hennessey devalues the car.

Bob

OP
OP
T

trick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have any first-hand knowledge, but from reading the posts on this forum it seems the fact that it is a Hennessey devalues the car.

Bob

yea i hear that... hes been getting bad press for a few years... lol

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is a question on if i should buy?

It looks pretty in the pictures. Let me re-phrase that ... the car photos from ten feet away look pretty, except for that ding on the top.

If you've talked him down to 22k I guess you ought to buy it, but be prepared for a lot of cleaning up to get it right.

Bob

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Run screaming. Not a chance in hell I'd buy that car for anything close to that price. Too many nice cars around for sale that are nice for that price range. Look for jasontiff and buy his. Much nicer and cared for. And its not a hennessey car

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
do you read?

this is a question on if i should buy?
Yeah I read. You just said he was asking 29k. You didn't say you were looking to buy it and if it was worth it. It sounded like you were selling it for him. Yeah I read... you should.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Run away fast, it's been beat on and put away wet. You can get a lot better car for a little more dough. I think there is a 96 in the classifieds that is in a lot better shape for less money. Also Hennessy has the rep of not putting all the componets in a car that a person paid for.......in other words.....he has been known to rip people off and unless you tear the motor down you'll never know if it has all the right parts in it.

OP
OP
T

trick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got him down to 22k but i had my my heart set on a gen 1 (love side pipes) but this is a Hennessey... i am at a dissidence

this was posted 1 min after the first post LOL dont get mad buddy LOL

OP
OP
T

trick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is the advice i have been looking for.... i did look at jasons car i am waiting on more pics

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just for the sake of conversation, and I don't mean to be the grammar police, but what did you mean to say? What word were you going for here?

Bob

OP
OP
T

trick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for the sake of conversation, and I don't mean to be the grammar police, but what did you mean to say? What word were you going for here?

Bob

sorry for the stupid use but it can be defined as a mental cross roads

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if had extra cash right now, id buy jasons car in a heartbeat.

not too many nice cars like his around for that price range. and you know what you're getting unlike the "venoms"

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the car was bought from HMS (at one time basically a test mule )by a guy named Mike from Marlboro -Colts Neck area in NJ.Call Nick at Modern Performance to verify THE SERIAL NUMBER (732)222-3679 as Nick would up doing quite a bit of work on it over the years(The car from being run with slicks by HMS had major drive line issues ) .HMS gave Mike dyno sheets CLAIMING over 600 to the tires and of coarse the car NEVER came within 100 horsepower of that.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The rear brakes looked stock, not Hennessey. Where's the front brake pics? The 600 had a Roe supercharger? Headers anyway. And the Venom wing is where?

Yah, I'd be wnating to verify it's a real Venom.

And I'd buy Jason's car first. Jason's put a ton of TLC into that car.

Ted

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the owner of a now 100%* Venom, I'd recommend running away from this one. It will take a lot of money and time to get it the way you want it - don't ask me how I know this......

*of course except for the coil/spark issue I'm currently tracking down.....:lmao:

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing to mention about Jason's car is that he is on the boards all the time. ALot of the Vipers for sale on Auto Trader and ebay, are people who never get on the boards and you can never contact them if you have a little bug you need to figure out. There's always going to be something to "tinker" with on a used viper, so it's best to get one where you are able to contact the owner if necessary and not take a chance on jumping into something that may have a tom of issues you won't know about untill you actually get the car.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the car was bought from HMS (at one time basically a test mule )by a guy named Mike from Marlboro -Colts Neck area in NJ.Call Nick at Modern Performance to verify THE SERIAL NUMBER (732)222-3679 as Nick would up doing quite a bit of work on it over the years(The car from being run with slicks by HMS had major drive line issues ) .HMS gave Mike dyno sheets CLAIMING over 600 to the tires and of coarse the car NEVER came within 100 horsepower of that.
Definately beware (spoke with Nick today )Mike did sell the car to a guy named Josua from Conn .This car was basically whopped on(NUMERIOUS ENGINE AND DRIVELINE ISSUES ) when Mike got it from HMS over 10 years ago ,inturn i cant imagine the shape its in now.

OP
OP
T

trick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definately beware (spoke with Nick today )Mike did sell the car to a guy named Josua from Conn .This car was basically whopped on(NUMERIOUS ENGINE AND DRIVELINE ISSUES ) when Mike got it from HMS over 10 years ago ,inturn i cant imagine the shape its in now.

i appreciate the help from you guys and i am definitely not buying a Hennessey!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This weird, I saw a 96 W/B with a crack like the one in the pic on its top here in CT about 3 years ago and I found numerous issues with it and ran away. It didn't have Venom badge on it but this crack looks identical to it. Trick: I'm in CT and if you need help with anything please let me know. - Tony

OP
OP
T

trick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This weird, I saw a 96 W/B with a crack like the one in the pic on its top here in CT about 3 years ago and I found numerous issues with it and ran away. It didn't have Venom badge on it but this crack looks identical to it. Trick: I'm in CT and if you need help with anything please let me know. - Tony

thanks man i am looking for someone to help me out

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960