A look at the development of the GTS-R race car.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are HUGE differences between the R race version and the GTS street version just as it was back in the Oreca days. BTW Kuno tore up the track at TWS this last weekend in a customers car.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can't we have the GTS-R For the road, the wider curvy bodywork looks much better, Dump the other car and put the new interior in one of these :D Job Done! :D

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really into a GTS-R for the road. Make it as wide as the law allows (Ralph said something about the current car being as wide as the law allows), use a Arvin Meritor Dynamic Heigth Control Suspension to handle curbs, ramps, etc, brake and tire upgrade and naturally some more HP. The only thing not to emulate is the trans axel - only because it's too expemsive. :2tu:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really into a GTS-R for the road. Make it as wide as the law allows (Ralph said something about the current car being as wide as the law allows), use a Arvin Meritor Dynamic Heigth Control Suspension to handle curbs, ramps, etc, brake and tire upgrade and naturally some more HP. The only thing not to emulate is the trans axel - only because it's too expemsive. :2tu:

Ralph misled IMO. "Plenty" of cars 4" wider or more than the GTS coming out soon. GTS-R is around 6" wider if my memory serves me correct. I'm cool with an extra 2" on each side.

It seems like they get it, sort of:
"Krugger:
"The vehicle getting wider is never a bad thing. We knew that we could visually make it look awesome with the wider vehicle and the wider track. I don't think that was a big challenge for us. Not to sound like there weren't any challenges, we had a very open mind when we took this project on."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang