A question you SRT guys should be asking

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stand in front of the car, point the fob to the car and hold both buttons down for 10 - 15 seconds. The horn should go off or the lights will flicker. It re-syncs the alarm. If that doesn't work then change the battery. If that doesn't work you probably need a new fob.

It happens to all of us. I too wish it worked better.

Reaction score
I have owned 4 Vipers, 96RT no remote problems, 97 GTS minor remote problems, 98GT2 no remote problems, 99GTS/ACR major problems corrected with a new alarm module.

The remote/alarm issues are a small price to pay for the best sports car on the road. my opinion.

Now waiting for the 2003.

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the alarm module and engine management electronics will be from a new supplier. But I do not know that for a fact. But based on the 2003 discussions, at VOI5&6, with Team Viper the present supplier (Delphi, I know the company as Delco Electronics owned by GM) would no be used. So we may be getting a different (better?) electronics system.

Regarding your car sounds like Rf is getting to your system. You could try to shield the alarm and engine management system. Or if your office is really bad, buy RAD hard IC's for your alarm and EMS.

Also sounds like an area that pacemakers may not do well.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">The factory alarm transmitter and receiver system blows. I have done everything.... new FOB's, new batteries, new alarm module, etc. I agree 100% with Jim, there is an interference issue that no other car experiences. 4 out of 10 places I park will not allow the alarm to arm remotely. Given that you can't lock the doors without setting the alarm, I am forced to park the car unlocked. Add to the fact that 1996 & 1997 GTS's do not have the key switch alarm override, you really are hosed if you're in an area of interference.

Small price to pay? Yes, but again I agree with Jim, why should we have to? This isn't rocket science and if a $16,000 minivan can do it, our cars should be able to also.

My only advice Jim is to see if you have an antenna lead on your alarm module. My upgraded one does and over the winter I'm going to extend it and see if it helps, though I guess it could just pick up more interference.... The next idea I'll try is to have an electrical engineer friend of mine tweak the transmitter for more power.

</FONT f>

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron:
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">
I agree 100% with Jim,

but again I agree with Jim,

My only advice Jim
</FONT f>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim/Jon, I think you need to include your profile signature in your post.
laugh.gif

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Who said I was talking to you, Jimless?</FONT f>

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMcGuire
You are right. For some reason dodge is the only company that cant may a remote that doesnt get out of whack when there is excessive interference. I carry both my remotes along with a set of batteries. I just dont lock my door.

Ive almost kicked a hole in my car not being able to get in it.

Holding down both buttons only works if the remote and receiver are out of sync.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave