ACR Burnout - How-To?

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I realize i'm opening myself up here, but I'd like to know others' burnout (tire warming, brake stand, whatever you want to call it) techniques. I've not tried more than a half dozen times or so, but my stock '10 ACR seems really hard to do any kind of burnout with. It wheel hops very easily and doesn't generate much excitement even when I get the wheels to spin, because it has to really be rolling. I can't seem to get the brakes to engage right while keeping the engine from stalling. I've never had any problems with other cars. Any advice or suggestions for a *******?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, pick smooth pavement.

For starters, try rolling onto the brake for the first time. Roll at idle, give more and more throttle, then keep applying the brake enough to keep going slower and slower.

It will not help with your tires. They are designed for traction, not burnouts. But they will do it.

Eventually you will get the "feel" of where things are at, then you can try it from a standstill.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realize i'm opening myself up here, but I'd like to know others' burnout (tire warming, brake stand, whatever you want to call it) techniques. I've not tried more than a half dozen times or so, but my stock '10 ACR seems really hard to do any kind of burnout with. It wheel hops very easily and doesn't generate much excitement even when I get the wheels to spin, because it has to really be rolling. I can't seem to get the brakes to engage right while keeping the engine from stalling. I've never had any problems with other cars. Any advice or suggestions for a *******?

Not a ******* question!! Install one of our =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= Sportsman Competition Clutches (Dual Disc, Stand Driven, Metalic Friction Material, 2400 Lb Pressure Plate, Light Weight to Boot) and at 3500 rpm's DROP THE HAMMER & POP THE CLUTCH, then you can hover around your Snakes rev limiter while modulating your gas & clutch pedals.

Just to be clear we don't encourage or recommend this type of driving on the street under any circumstances. So find that track or auto-X event and go for it! We guarentee you'll smoke your tires, not your clutch.:D

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've found the easiest way is to get on smooth pavement, and begin to stomp the throttle and as soon as you drop your right foot, drop your left off the clutch fully a half second later. You should get a smokey burnout (without having to hold your foot on the brake (brakestand)) and once you've got the wheels spinning it should be easy to modulate the burnout as you proceed forward.

We did this in the SRT cars at VOI 11 and it was fun!

Regards,
Aaron

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. Yes. That was encouraged too! :lmao:

One of the best experiences ever. My compliments to SRT for making vehicles that can handle that! :hail:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do you do a burnout? Like this lol

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FidoUnp2o0M[/media]

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's crazy man I have a problem getting mine to hook lol. Burnouts are pretty easy just rev and dump the clutch then just grab the brake 17,*** on mine and not a single problem. It may take some time getting use to just have some quick feet.

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To get the most beautiful smokey burnouts, use bleech in a spray bottle on an area about 1 to 2 feet infront of the rear tires. It makes the pavement slick so its easier to get em turning and the smoke just rolls out from under the tires. Plus it not as damaging to the rubber. Don't use to much though, you don't want bleech all over the under side or in the wheel wells.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shine..........At the dragstrip, ease through the water, stop with the rear tires in the water, then ease out of the water a few feet, put your car in 2nd gear, stop and the nail it enough to get the car to sling itself forward. stop straighten up the car and ease to the tree and ease into staging. When the first amber light is lit ease forward to just bearly get the second amber light to come on. Do not ease forward into the second amber light any further as you will then be deep staged and that is a no no. Take your foot off the brake and rev the motor up to about 3000 pr and holdit until the lights come down. Just as the last amber light comes on, NAIL IT and be ready to compensate for some squareliness. If you have wheel hop, get off of it and try playing with your air pressure in the rear tires. Of course when you stage at the light, make sure you take off in 1st gear, not second. I have found in Vipers.....it is NOT necessary to do a big smokey burnout...All that is doing is tearing up your clutch, wear and tear on the motor and tires. You can heat the tires up too much and then it won't launch as good. Basically all you need is just a decent spin off the tires to hest them up and get the dirt,rocks and water off of them and the car will hook up fine. Now with street tires with tred DO NOT do the water box routine I mentioned above...... Pull slowly completely out away from any water, then put it in 2nd gear and just nail it like I said before.(Some people when approaching the watch try to ease around the water puddle to not get water on the front tires and then go thru the above routine) That water can drip down onto your tires at staging and just cause problems hooking up. It is a total waste of time, clutch and tires to do a burnout on street tires. Just spin them to clean them off, dirt, rocks, etc. All that smokey burnout looks great to everyone but we all know that the Viper will spin the tires for days and burn the tire tread clean off but at your expense, not theirs. The Pilot Sport Cups you have, you can do the first burnout I mentioned above. I am by far no expert. This is just the way most racers do it and even with a line lock, You still don't want to sit there and just smoke the heck out of the tires and overheat them. Unless you are just wanting to impress the crowd. But then when you make the pass, the crowd will not be impressed with you ET. I would rather have an impressive ET. Sorry everyone for talking sooooo long here..Just trying to help and give my 2 cents. Have fun at the track! :dunno: :rolleyes: :drive: :drive: :D :D :eater:

OP
OP
S

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the replies and the information. The video of the green Viper is obviously inspirational, but it's also not an ACR, and I was thinking that it maybe had a different setup to get that kind of a burnout going. The wheel hop is killing me, maybe I need to adjust the suspension or tire pressure before trying again. Obviously not trying to destroy these awesome rear tires, but would like to know what the secret sauce is.

you might wanna sell it now before you hurt yourself

Uh huh.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the replies and the information. The video of the green Viper is obviously inspirational, but it's also not an ACR, and I was thinking that it maybe had a different setup to get that kind of a burnout going. The wheel hop is killing me, maybe I need to adjust the suspension or tire pressure before trying again. Obviously not trying to destroy these awesome rear tires, but would like to know what the secret sauce is.

Uh huh.

Experiement with tire pressure.

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're getting wheel hop while trying to do a burnout, quite simply your RPM's are too low. Just do as described above and bring your RPM's to 3.5k-4k and pop the clutch. DON'T RIDE THE CLUTCH AT ALL! Just let it pop out quickly, and the tires WILL break loose. I just got done killing a 10-year old set of Pilot SX's before my Kumhos go on tomorrow, works every time.

:usa: Nick :usa:

OP
OP
S

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're getting wheel hop while trying to do a burnout, quite simply your RPM's are too low. Just do as described above and bring your RPM's to 3.5k-4k and pop the clutch. DON'T RIDE THE CLUTCH AT ALL! Just let it pop out quickly, and the tires WILL break loose. I just got done killing a 10-year old set of Pilot SX's before my Kumhos go on tomorrow, works every time.

:usa: Nick :usa:

Very useful information, thanks!

Hah, yeah, line lock and upgraded Bad Boyzz clutch... it seems like I should be able to keep it stock and still get something though!

Appreciate all the comments!

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder why you'd want to spin 'em up. ?? That ACR is a track car built for a roadcourse. I get the "coolness" factor of a good burnout but traction is what that car does!! Wheel hop busts stuff you don't wanna bust so stomp it and hit the twisties!!

My worthless .02... - Cheers!