ACR is not as efficient with its cooling system. Need Advise

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to have a problem lately with cooling the car. The temp guage is higher than it normally is. Can someone tell me what i should do and what i can use in the radiator that will help it dissipate heat better. I have heard deep purple watter wetter and products similar. What can i do without changing the radiator.

Thanks

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 97 GTS was right on the verge of boilover myself.

mine was helped quite a bit by kicking up the water % to a 75/25 from 60/40 in the summer only, water is a much better conductor of heat that antifreeze. 2 bottles of water wetter by Redline every year as well at the same time and there is a difference on the gauge. Hot weather stop and go is not nerve wracking as it was. I hear the Royal Purple is even better. Might try that this spring as well.

If you go with the increased water be sure to dope her up in the winter up here back to 60/40 or so. I empty the overflow and go 100% antifreeze, run that thru. This forces a complete flush every year in the spring to get back to the 75/25 deal.

Works for me.

take care (EH?),

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be waterpump depending on year, could be burping process, could be getting air in from lines or seals. ...do some searches on burping for all sorts of good tips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960