ACR Performance testing

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran the ACR- fastest lap was 2.03.3 You can find the time at Speed Ventures website for last month at Thunderhill-it was the fastest car there that day-even faster than some ITE race cars-didn't have the CC ready. I ran two weeks ago in the CC at Thunderhill with very similar weather. I ran on 8 heat cycled DOT Hoosiers (very used up)-very similar tire to the Pilots on an ACR. I broke the race record there that day for BP/STO with a 1.55.225. So bottom line- a CC will smoke even a modified ACR. After driving them back to back-they are not even in the same sentence anymore. Both times were with a transponder-so both very accurate.

wow, that's awesome, and congrats on the record lap :2tu: I would never expect a street capable car of beating a track CC, but the difference is quite large.

was the ACR running slicks of similar size to the CC?

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, that's awesome, and congrats on the record lap :2tu: I would never expect a street capable car of beating a track CC, but the difference is quite large.

was the ACR running slicks of similar size to the CC?

Actually the ACR is running larger rear DOT tire and the same size fronts. Either tire is legal in the SCCA BP division for racing.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are any of you experiencing any heat related problems with the Belangers impacting wiring ect....?? I know the 02 sensor wire extensions come with heat resistant sleeves but wandering if anything else needs to be insulated... I presume the stock header shields are re-used....????

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems so far. We are not using the stock header shields...left exposed and runs fine. Talk to Dan at DC Performance ( who installed mine)or Woodhouse about that-they have tons of experience and are very open and helpful.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are seeing about a 40-50 rwhp gain with the complete Belanger system. The gain using the production mufflers is about the same.

Do we know the variation in RWHP using the stock mufflers vs Corsa/Belanger or are we talking nil (0) power gains using the latter......

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update since last year on my ACR. We were having braking issues after a few laps at the track. after a lot of looking we foud that the cause is a relutl of the Belangers not having heat shielding and the vacuum hose for the brake booster heats up and gets soft-then collapsing causing a hard brake pedal. Some heat wrap around the hose took care of this problem. I have let Dan and others know when installing they should heat wrap the vacuum line.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Brian,

When Bad Boyzz installed my ACR-X headers, the kit came with a shield to cover that brake line area. When I asked who came up with the idea, it was requested by SRT, so obviously that can be a hotspot under demanding conditions.

If anybody has any questions, just contact Toddy @ Bad Boyzz for the technical info.

Your car looked great last weekend...seemed to pull very nicely on hiway 29 ;)

Cheers,
George

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy has offered me their fix to the problem...his fix is for the "hard line", mine is for the vacuum hose to the booster. Both should be done if you track your car. And yes, it was a great day at the track!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude