ACR-X Exhaust System - what muffler and tip is used?

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to duplicate the ACR-X Exhaust System on my ACR but I need to know what parts are downstream from the American Racing Headers? Is it 3" all the way to the tips? Also, is it safe to assume the MOPAR ECM will allow me to run without cats and NOT throw any codes? I had the chance to sit in a ACR-X and start it up and I want mine to sound just like that!!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what the laws are like in your area, but around CA, I'd probably opt to just buy and ACR-X and drive it on the street rather than take the cats off of an EPA certified car and try to drive it on the street... The fines for that can be crazy.

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what the laws are like in your area, but around CA, I'd probably opt to just buy and ACR-X and drive it on the street rather than take the cats off of an EPA certified car and try to drive it on the street... The fines for that can be crazy.

It's for "Track Use Only".......and CARB is a big reason why I moved from Silicon Valley (Santa Clara) to Iowa!! :drive:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's for "Track Use Only".......and CARB is a big reason why I moved from Silicon Valley (Santa Clara) to Iowa!! :drive:

One of the reasons I keep dual residency :)

Back to the subject - I think the Mopar PCM still keeps the downstream o2 sensor active, but it allows the values to fluctuate across a wider range before throwing a code. If you remove the cats altogether, I think it will throw a code. Not 100% sure about that, but I remember hearing/reading something to that effect. I do know with 100% certainty that the PCM in the ACR-X is completely different than the Mopar PCM.

What I was musing about when I wrote the reply above was that I can drive my tractor, dirt bike or ATV (all off-highway, non-registered vehicles) on roads, and the worst I can expect is a cop to give me a citation for driving a non-registered vehicle. To be honest, I've done it for almost 40 years now, and the worst that's ever happened is that they warned me that I needed a 'chase car' behind me or told me to walk the bike home and hope that he didn't catch me riding it again. If you get caught screwing with CARB laws, though, there's a chance that a big-ass fine is on the horizon.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FastGuy-Martin, you can run without cats with the venom controller, no CEL. CEL's only trip when you have a problem, i.e cam sensor, crank sensor, etc

Not sure what exhaust they run on the ACRX, I'd be surprised if they had cats. Ask the guys at Tomball or Woodhouse, they race and service them

SHELBYVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to duplicate the ACR-X Exhaust System on my ACR but I need to know what parts are downstream from the American Racing Headers? Is it 3" all the way to the tips? Also, is it safe to assume the MOPAR ECM will allow me to run without cats and NOT throw any codes? I had the chance to sit in a ACR-X and start it up and I want mine to sound just like that!!

The ACR-X shorty muffler is special built by Borla. You may want to give them a call. Ask for their tech dept. They should be able to fix you up. :usa:

Last edited:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

=BAD BOYZZ SERIES= Headers, 3" Turnouts, Delete Cats, 3" Borla Muffler with Mopar Venom Controller which deletes down stream O2 sensors allowing you to run catless.

That's what is under the hood of the 50 ACRX's that rolled off the assembly line.

Toddy
BBG :usa:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang