Actually "raced" by a....

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...Infiniti G35! I took the Viper out to dinner last night with a friend. I just put the Roe SCT tune on the car this week, so I was having some fun. On the way home I had be really getting into the throttle so I could hear the exhaust. Well, I pull up to a light about a mile from my house and I'm next to this silver G35. I'm not even reving the engine or trying to race. The light turns green and I pull off "normal" for the Viper (even when trying to drive slow the car still pulls away). Next thing I know I see the G35 pulling up next to me and I can barely hear the engine redlining over my exhaust. So, while still in first, I let my right foot go a little and pull away, I shift into second and look back...the G35 is a good distance back. I slow down, get into the turn lane to head to my house and have to wait.

About 45 seconds later the G35 pulls up on my driver's side and slows down. I look over to see the driver with his mouth wide open and wondering what just blew him off the road. I love when someone doesn't realize what they just did!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think that is bad, I had some mid-40s guy in a yellow Honda S2000 try to run me last week. He looked mad when he lost, guess he had a modded Honda and hoped to take a Viper down. lol

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually had a guy come up to me at a car audio store and said he liked the "aero package" I have on my Honda S2000. I kindly told him thanks but to go out and take another look on the rear bumper that is was not a Honda.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually had a guy come up to me at a car audio store and said he liked the "aero package" I have on my Honda S2000. I kindly told him thanks but to go out and take another look on the rear bumper that is was not a Honda.

Let me get this straight, some guy mistook your Viper for a Honda S2000?

:lmao:

His man-card should have been revoked at that instant.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why even respond at the light? Unless they are driving a clearly faster car like an Enzo or Lambo or SL65 or whatever factory exotic, I don't even give them the satisfaction of anything more than rolling off the line. That upsets them even more than being killed driving fast for no reason.

Just my take!

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep, I even had the top down so he could have looked in the car also. Needless to say, when he did go back and take another look, he didn't come back in the store. People inside the store thought it was funny.

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why even respond at the light? Unless they are driving a clearly faster car like an Enzo or Lambo or SL65 or whatever factory exotic, I don't even give them the satisfaction of anything more than rolling off the line. That upsets them even more than being killed driving fast for no reason.

Just my take!

Because it's fun to taunt an idiot! :headbang:

When someone is dumb enough to (1) try to race somebody who's not even trying to race, (2) try to "keep up" once you realize they are "racing" you, and (3) is silly enough to pull up next to you at the following light...then they deserve a little friendly taunting...I've even rolled down my window and asked them "double or nothing?" :lmao:

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds more like an "excessive display of speed" which is not as big of ticket as street racing.

I think the story was in the context of while staying within the legal speed limit and did not use excessive acceleration as no tire squealing was reported. Just much faster acceleration vs. the infinity.
:drive:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even worse is a 'sore sport'...a fella with a Trans-Am with a BABY on board got ticked that we took off a bit faster from the light than he did, so he came up sideways to the intersection, and attempted to spin his rear tires to THROW GRAVEL at the VIPER????!!!! GOOD thing he was TOO far away...his Trans-Am would've been a TRAMPLED-AM~! ~juli
(BTW: That Infinity G35 looked great the FIRST time around, now it's a plain old coupe)

V

Venomiss

Honestly don't have clue what you are talking about. Never drive over 55 and only on Sunday. Once a month. Never in the rain.:D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was watching 5th gear the other day and they were testing an Audi coupe. Since when did 4 door become a coupe? Down't that mean that a Viper coupe is impossible as it only has 2 doors (3 with the hatch).

Don't understand, is a Charger SRT8 a coupe? V6 Charger?

They've got to stop changing the rules all the time.

Ted

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hate to say it... but I've mistaken an s2000 for an SRT at a distance a couple times. From the side... no comparison, from from a distance coming at you... the similarities are uncanny!

Maybe the guy that raced you thought you were a fellow s2000? :D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't want to think that way. I suppoose you're right. Nissan sets a world record ... trick is that they did it against themseves. GM studies the tape and spends a million proving that supercharged American Muscle beats the Japanese. Why didn't they use the Z06? Maybe I'm wrong and the Z06 just ins't fast enough to beat the GTR?

Anyway, Cerebus doesn't car and is cutting costs so the SRT engineers, taking pride in what they've accomlished, take some holidays and do a trip to Germany. They spank the ZR1 (everyone applaud) and come home to brag.

A car collection gets a driver and all teh cars do the 'Ring'. The Maserati turns in the best time in front of all the magazines so they're stuck with it. It didn't beat the Dodge ACRs time so they decide that the Viper's time is "unregistered". I guess they forgot that Dodge was the only run of the ZR1, GTR and ACR that was timed and witnessed by an independant magazine. A magazine that actually normally gives the Viper last place in all of their comparisons.

That's what you mean by changing the rules gives them a chance to win, right?

Ted

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alpine,

Priceless! Would have loved to be a fly in his car!!:rolaugh:

I find the worst cars for wantin to race or corvettes. All you are doin is sittin in at the light and they feel inferior/intimidated; and then feel that they need to prove their car is slower!!:D

Had a vette do this a few months ago. Wanted to race me off the light. I do not do this for vettes to begin with, but ESPECIALLY not that day. Light turns green, he :drive:, and obviously did not see the cop sitting 1/4 mile down the road watching us.....;):D

Robert

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an idiot in a mercedes s500 recently want to race me on the highway. He pulled up next to me and was extremely eager to race. We were in a lot of traffic and I had no interest. He decides to go and starts weaving in and out of lanes. I never did anything to try and race him so he slowed down and waited for me. I get up next to him and shake my head. He puts his index finger up as to say he won and takes off again. F****** retard had no clue how many lives he was risking in heavy traffic by weaving in and out of lanes. Not to mention that if we did race, his car wouldn't have stood a chance. I truley hate pieces of **** like this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant