After market seats

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody tried any after market light weight seats? Thinking of something like the Recaro
Pole Position or something from Sparco. Could probably loose 30 to 40 lbs form the car
and have something that fits better. Just wonder about mounting kits.

Herc:usa:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked into this a while back.

You're likely going to have to get custom made seat brackets.

After a lot of research, the lightest weight seats that I could find that still had an adjustable recline feature were the Cobra Misano (full carbon)

I need/want reclining adjustment, because otherwise it makes putting the 6-point belts in and taking them out again kind of difficult. If you don't care about adjustment, you can find a lot of seats that are even lighter. Nice thing about the Cobras, is you can get them in just about any custom color/leather/fabric you want. Custom embroidery also available. If I get some extra $$, they are still on my list of "some day" upgrades.

Cobra Seats

One thing you will have to deal with is the seat sensors for the airbags. The stock seats have sensors built in to the seats. You will need to disconnect these sensors and "jumper" the connection so that it gets a constant positive signal. A good electrician should be able to help with this.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Put a set of Cobras in my GTS. Very tight fit. Had to have custom mounting brackets fabricated.

They do hold you in place well and save about 40 to 50 lbs over stock.

Dan

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put a set of Cobras in my GTS. Very tight fit. Had to have custom mounting brackets fabricated.

They do hold you in place well and save about 40 to 50 lbs over stock.

Dan
If that is 40-50lbs per seat, that is definitely a mod worth considering. Heck even if it is both seats. Stockers are snug fit for me.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing you will have to deal with is the seat sensors for the airbags. The stock seats have sensors built in to the seats. You will need to disconnect these sensors and "jumper" the connection so that it gets a constant positive signal. A good electrician should be able to help with this.[/QUOTE]

Kai --

Will jumpering the airbag sensor disable or interfere with the functioning of the airbags? I assume that a similar workaround would be required on a 2008 which by the way now has multi-stage airbag sensors in the seats (for male, female, child).

/Rich

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing you will have to deal with is the seat sensors for the airbags. The stock seats have sensors built in to the seats. You will need to disconnect these sensors and "jumper" the connection so that it gets a constant positive signal. A good electrician should be able to help with this.

Kai --

Will jumpering the airbag sensor disable or interfere with the functioning of the airbags? I assume that a similar workaround would be required on a 2008 which by the way now has multi-stage airbag sensors in the seats (for male, female, child).

/Rich[/quote]

If you do it correctly, then what is means is that the airbags will both go off even if there is nobody in the passenger seat when there is a crash. Basically, you are fooling the sensor into thinking that there is a person in the seat all the time.
Of course, if you screw it up, the opposite will happen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery