Airing it out

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my daily driver RT/10 a year and a half now and it's almost hard to believe it hasn't been on a road trip ...until now. Start point was Boca Raton and I took it 2 1/2 hours north to a convention in Orlando. Had the soft top on, and driving conditions were sunny and cool. (high 60s)

Observations: Valentine 1 had arrived only two days prior and was working like a charm picking up FHP smokey during much of the trip. - At speeds in excess of 90 mph, I could feel a chilly breeze on my my forhead that would shoot through an apparant hariline gap beween the top of the windshield and the soft top. Went to the knit hat at that point (yes, even in Florida we know what these are) Repostioned the soft top on the way home...same breeze....any of you all ever have this? - No driver fatigue to speak of as I was nicely nestled in for the ride. Gawk factor was at an all time high for those that I could manage to get a glimpse of in my rear view mirror.

All in all it felt great to stretch this cars legs a little. Tomorrow it's back to my 1.3 mile commute to the office.
smile.gif

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Marc,

Nothing beats a couple hour cruise in a Viper. I like the freedom of the highway where stoplight opponents and other peskies can be done away with a blip of third gear!!!!
smile.gif

On 2nd note in Boca Raton you may not be pestered at all at lights regardless of wheels!!!haha

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc,
My soft top has the same problem. one time I got caught in the rain and then it was a little more than air coming in, it p*ssed me off so bad the very next day I bought a V-mania hardtop. I am not aware of any fix for this problem. Try to contact Bruce Venable with Northwind Eng/V-mania. He is the soft-top "KING" He believes that they are worth the trouble.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets