ALL MOTOR BUILD!!(Pics)

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The plan right now is to start it up Monday or Tuesday.

I had some issues getting my laptop to communicate with the VEC3 yesterday, but Sean and Joseph think that Vista is the problem there.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI: The Vista operating system doesn't like working with the VEC3 software.

I dusted off my old Gatway laptop with XP and the first attempt to connect to the vec worked the first time!

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some 52 lb RC injectors for sale , they worked perfect in my car that was making 742 RWHP , I moved to 65lb injectors when I upped the boost to 14 lbs. and am at 840 RWHP now.........

$250 for the injectors shipped
[email protected]

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a call last night around 10:20pm with a "hey, listen to this". He put the phone next to the open header and let it run for a few seconds....OMG this thing sounds soooo badass!!!!!

My schedule is pretty tight right now, but I will get down there and get a vid as soon as I can.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a call last night around 10:20pm with a "hey, listen to this". He put the phone next to the open header and let it run for a few seconds....OMG this thing sounds soooo badass!!!!!

My schedule is pretty tight right now, but I will get down there and get a vid as soon as I can.

Congrats!:D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you mocking us?!? This is a once in a lifetime event...like birth this should be your NUMBER ONE priority man!

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Vid!! Didn't run the car too long because it is running pig rich. We backed the fuel pressure down after this video from 55psi to 40psi and it is running a lot better, but still need to scale down the injector some more with the vec.

You must be registered for see images attach

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Vid!! Didn't run the car too long because it is running pig rich. We backed the fuel pressure down after this video from 55psi to 40psi and it is running a lot better, but still need to scale down the injector some more with the vec.

You must be registered for see images attach
It sounds great, can wait to hear it after its tuned.:2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I guess now comes the fun part...TUNING! Are you going to get the PCM reflashed?

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be towing the car to ATL for Joseph Dell to work his magic after a few hundred break in miles!!

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after a fun night of not running right, found out the front 2 injectors are getting a full 12v constant signal. While the other 8 are around 1.5-5v. So it looks like the VEC is telling the front 2 injectors to stay wide open. Checked the front injectors and they are working properly but they are just FLOODING the cylinders with fuel. Makes sense with all the fuel coming out both sides and how it won't stay running.

Only thing I can do right now is have Sean check over this VEC3 and hopefully that is where the problem lies.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked the car up last night from the shop it was at. This Wednesday night, Joseph and I are going to try and get a good running tune on it over the phone so I can put some miles on it before I trailer it down to ATL.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph Dell is the MAN!!!

He spent only about 30min over the phone and he has it running awesome! Dyno numbers and vids coming soon.

Thanks to all the great guys in this community!

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have about 40 misc bolts and screws i need to get that the ******* who worked on the car didn't put back on!

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update again....Mike (99 RT/10) is hooking me up with the majority of the missing pieces!!! And Chuck Tator is getting me the rest!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte