Am I lucky?

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been resisting the mod temptation for 4 years now. It finally wins so I took my car in for quick inspection and plan out the supercharged setup.:omg:

It'll be paxton with Belanger headers, high flow cats, and corsa cat back. The parts will arrive in a week and I should have my renewed toy in hopefully 2-3 weeks. It'll be the toughest wait of my life .

Since mine is a 2000 creampuff ACR, the mechanic suspects that it could be well built in 99 which means it actually has forged internals. We jacked the car up, he crawled under and see no build code. He assures me engine must have been pulled out before. The only reason for this is a rebuild, at the time the only shop to do this is Arrow. Sticker on the door says build date is january 2000, so he is certain that it has forged internal. The creampuff piston didn't arrive until mid year 2000. He said he has seen few cars built in mid 2000 and has forged internal.

It's very likely that mine is not so creampuff and was also rebuilt by Arrow. I should get the confirmation in the next few days when he would run the vin by dodge dealer. What do you guys think? Can't stop the grinning :D:D:D

I'm looking at having 520rwhp with this setup, may be more. The number is quite low comparing to what I've read on the board here. The guy is a true racer so I had the trust him. He said it's really setup for reliability (6-8lbs boost). What do you guys think? I'm so exciting ... forgot to ask him much about hp numbers.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! Well...you'll know whether its a creampuff or not when you take it out. If the pistons don't shatter then you're good to go. :D Seriously though, for peace of mind, I'd call Chuck Tator at Tator's Dodge and see if he can confirm what you're mechanic is telling you. He should be able to lookup the history of your car using the VIN. I hope it all works out for you and please post results here when you get the mods done.

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are only going to get 520RWHP out of that setup I would find another tuner/installer. When installed and tuned properly your car will be a beast for sure.:)

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should definitely get more than 520 RW with 6-8 pounds of boost. Most seem to be in the 630-670 range with a conservative tune even at those boost levels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960