Am I missing something on the 08 ??

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tried to load my cd's in my 08, But it seems it has a single cd player. I traded in a 06 that the 6 cd player was standard. I guess chrysler is cutting cost ?? I still love the car, But i wish it had a cd changer standard..

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you get the NAV system? The NAV radios have always been without the 6-disc changer. I put a 6-disc changer in the trunk when I switched to NAV on my '05.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That doesn't sound right. If you have the stock radio (not NAV/Sirius) it should come equipped with a 6-disc changer.

/Rich

OP
OP

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked in the owner manual .. No info on how to load my cd's

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My point of view is that a multi-disc changer should be considered a safety feature. After all, who wants to let go of the wheel to change a disc?:dunno:

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get yourself an Ipod. You can download thousands of songs and play them through your stock system, never needing another c.d. again

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget the CD Changer, get the 160GB iPod and load just about all the music you want and never have to change anything out.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just tried to load my cd's in my 08, But it seems it has a single cd player. I traded in a 06 that the 6 cd player was standard. I guess chrysler is cutting cost ?? I still love the car, But i wish it had a cd changer standard..

Sitting in the garage and listening to music again.........:D
I can't beleive they went with a single cd system. You would have thought it was the exact same radio from previous gen 3 and minivans:rolaugh:

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent a while in my 08 trying to figure how to load more CD's, until I read the Manual and its only 1 CD.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone can buy my NEW never used 06 Coupe 6 disk head unit changer. (I had the factory 6 disk with delivery of my 06 coupe, but ALSO bought an RB1 prior to delivery as 06s didnt have the option of Rb1s from the factory.

Anyone wants a brand new one from an 06 in perfect condition. I'll let it go for $250, and I pay ship :)

Jon

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I guess I stand corrected. I wonder what would make Chrysler change to a single disc player on the standard radio while all cars from 2003-2006 had the 6-disc changer as standard equipment?

I was originally bummed when I went with the Sirius/NAV in my 08 because I thought I would be losing the 6-disc capability but now I can't really think of a downside (other than cost) of going with the Sirius/NAV.

/Rich