Ambassador Certificate....What's the point?

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ambassador Certificate....What\'s the point?

Tried to use the Ambassador Certificate with friends of mine over the weekend. Found a 300C Hemi they liked and when the Chrysler dealer found out we were going to use the certificate the car was suddenly a "Special Car" and not available with the certificate. It was available for $5k OVER sticker though. After getting the cold shoulder from the salesman and fleet manager we walked out. What good is the program if the dealers don't have to honor it?

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Ambassador Certificate....What\'s the point?

Several have experienced this. I guess the key is the fine print that says "participating dealers" -- why don't they all participate?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Seems to be a CA issue? This is the second time I heard of this.

There are PLENTY of dealers that will honor this program AND be more than happy with the sale!

Try our friendly dealers on this site, Like Woodhouse, Buhler, Roanoke!

They are all Chrysler dealers and ALL can arrange for shipping!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome to California!!!!

While the 300C demand is exceeding supply in all areas, the Cali dealers seem to have a client base that is driven to spend exceedingly insane amounts of money for "popular" vehicles. Therefore, many don't feel that they need to establish long term relationships with anyone - as they know the customer will only move on to the "next hottest thing" and never come back.

Couple that with the restrictions that Cali had previously placed on cars coming into the state (mostly emissions stuff, I think and mostly before cars were all 50 state legal) and the dealers felt that they had you by the.. well... you know.

Hopefully that is changing and it's easier to get a car from out of state. Then, drive by and show them your purchase. But, I'd guess that they wouldn't care - because someone was in after you that paid the premium.

Probably all related to real estate values and the dot com bubble????

I've seen this on a whole bunch of specialty cars - not just Vipers and 300C's....

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andy.
I was worried about the same thing. When I went for a test drive in a new Hemi Jeep, I asked if the dealership would take a discount coupon before starting negotiations. When they saw the Ambassador coupon they asked me who I knew at DC. They treated me like a VIP, even filled the car with gas, and gave it a fresh wash before delivery. In addition to Ambassador they also offered $1,000 rebate, another $1,000 if I financed through Chrysler, and $500 Camp Jeep coupon. I felt like one of those people with a hand full of coupons at the grocery store.
I now own the first Hemi Jeep in San DIego.
I received a note from Pemberton at Woodhouse. He offered to take a coupon. It would definitly be worth talking to him

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ha - GREAT story Paul - a dealer who knows the true meaning of customer service and building relationships. Hope they continue to do well by you and other VCA members!!!!!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, the question is whether you can get the car you want with the coupon. I want to order a black loaded 300C and the jury is still out if dealers will honor the coupon if the car arrives after the expiration date on the coupon. I emailed you Joe so I am looking forward to your reply ASAP.

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I already have helped my neighbors order a Hemi 300 from Bill Pemberton and he bent over backwards being helpful. Woodhouse prices are more than competitive but the distance to CA from Neebrasska adds $1500 to the shipping cost. Dealers in CA are extremely short-sighted. I remember when I bought my first Durango all the dealers demanded over sticker. I said I would wait a year and they would be trying to give me one. When will they figure this out?
Paul...when you mentioned your experience at the Directors meeting I had some hope that the certificate would be better accepted but you seem to be the exception rather than the rule.
Joe...maybe you can ask Daryl Jackson to fly out to CA and go to the dealer with me. Maybe they can explain their philosophy to him.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Still waiting for an official answer... stay tuned.

Well, the question is whether you can get the car you want with the coupon. I want to order a black loaded 300C and the jury is still out if dealers will honor the coupon if the car arrives after the expiration date on the coupon. I emailed you Joe so I am looking forward to your reply ASAP.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

They treated me like a VIP, even filled the car with gas, and gave it a fresh wash before delivery.

Isn't that typical? I have never purchased a car that was not freshly washed and filled up.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GTSVIPER,

Don't give up! There are dealers out there that will accept it. I had always been a Ford Diesel owner, but as soon as I got back from VOI, I went and test drove the Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Diesel crew cab 4X4 Laramie and I loved it. Ordered it, the dealer had NO problems with the Affiliate Rewards Cerit that I am using. You even get all the rebates, no questions asked.

I'm looking at my cerit right now. From what I see the only vehicles that are EXCLUDED from the program are - and the exact wording is -

Dodge Viper, ALL SRT models, Dodge Sprinter and all Mercedes-Benz vehicles are not currently eligible with this offer.

If you read the cerit closely, it even says it's good on leasing vehicles. I couldn't imagine a dealer not accepting it.

I thought DC giving all VOI attendees those cerit's was one of the coolest parts of VOI. I felt if Dodge thought enough of me to give me one, that I would return the favor and use the cerit. This truck will be the first Dodge and or Chrysler product I've ever owned other than the Viper. Who knows maybe more will follow.

I'm wired about the truck I'm getting, but mostly about the money I'm getting it for.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am staying tuned. Woodhouse has me on "hold" so I am stuck in a holding pattern. Bill P is a great guy so I am sure DC and Woodhouse will come through.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was unaware the dealer could refuse the cert. I just picked up my black MAGNUM RT AWD and used my cert at my local dealer. AWESOME car. I will post pics after I have my tribal graphics applied.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

I just received this official answer:

"The sale needs to occur before 12/31/2004 -- but sold order protection is ensured into 2005."

So, it looks like as long as you officially buy the car (sold order) prior to end of year.... you should be good to go!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960