American Le Mans Series 12 hours of Sebring race just started on Speed channel

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alms coverage on and off during the race. Speed channel had it 10:30-noon, then Bristol, alms again at 1. Good racing!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers in first and last. The one in last had to come in for "drive pine issues" (at least I think that's what they said). They also said they were worried about having to fix them on the lead car as well. What is a "drive pin"? It seems like one could be used a lot of places on the car. Anyone know exactly what they are talking about?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
****! That's no good! They were talking about that it might be an inherent problem. If that's the case, I wonder why it didn't pop up last year.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper had the fastest lap time of the class.

I'd like to thank SRT for doing such a great job providing VIP treatment those Viper and SRT owners in attendence. I greatly, GREATLY appreciated it!!! Thank you and thanks to the N. & Central FL club officers for working on it.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper had the fastest lap time of the class.

I'd like to thank SRT for doing such a great job providing VIP treatment those Viper and SRT owners in attendence. I greatly, GREATLY appreciated it!!! Thank you and thanks to the N. & Central FL club officers for working on it.

BIG +1 to SRT for a job well done.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand corrected, went to sleep with about 5 hours left on the clock (living in Europe) and the ALMS online feed was not live but time delayed for some reason (broadcast feed was out of sync with the onboard cam of #91) :dunno:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sebring is a grueling event...can literally destroy a car (as can the 24 hr. of Daytona) !! As I recall from the IMSA days in the 1970's, we had to nearly rebuild cars after each of these races. I'm happy to see that they did as well as they did at this point of development !!

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care where they placed, they created a major threat to everyone that's all that matters!!!! Be afraid, be very afraid the SNAKE is back!!!! Awesome race, BIG props to SRT!!!!

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care where they placed, they created a major threat to everyone that's all that matters!!!! Be afraid, be very afraid the SNAKE is back!!!! Awesome race, BIG props to SRT!!!!
Agreed, I'm sure ALL the GT teams noticed what cars were consistently turning the fastest laps the entire race. I believe each car passed each of the eventual podium cars at least once.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were times when race cars did not need TC...is that mandatory too?
:crazy2:

No, but it certainly helps them. Much more sophisticated then street car versions, outlawed in some series (NASCAR for one).

Vipers looked good, especially the 91. They will be very competitive this season!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave