Another dyno post

OP
OP
W

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all for the comments....well, ok, Most all...ROFL
I really just wanted to see what hp gains I achieve from the exhaust work being done on Monday...primarly having the stuff done for a better overall sound, but wanted to answer the question in my mind of what results this has on the performance.
I am having the Roe's high flows cats added, resonator delete, and Borla rear section added along with the smooth tubes and cone intake filters.

Any thoughts on how long it takes the computer to "learn" after the exhaust work?
:confused:

This would be the perfect time to also answer the questions on the air intakes and what; if anything they bring to the table...(viper air,K&N ect.)...at someone else's cost naturaly :D
If they send em'I'll test em...long as I can keep the best one :2tu: ;)

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STUGOTS,

Look I am not interested in getting into a fantasy viper dyno league here just stating what I have seen from watching 100's of vipers on the dyno.

Never EVER has a stock creampuff made more than 405, at the right facility. Has there been some that I have seen do more? YES, but the facility they were at was giving high numbers to everything.

Your car will NOT make over 500hp and 580lb's, unless there is a set of ported heads involved that you are not telling us about. Did it make it on the dyno you used? Possibly, but that does not mean the dyno was properly calibrated/configured.

PS. HP numbers have nothing to do with the manufacturer of the dyno, a properly setup dyno jet will show the exact same numbers as a properly configured Mustand dyno. AEM(Mustang) and R&D(dyno jet) produce hp numbers withing 2 from each other.

how can the dyno be wrong when it showed consistant #'s with every mod (or 2) I added?

P.S there are quite a few cream puffs I have seen making over 405RWHP as a matter of fact I have seen MORE creampuffs that made over 405 then I have creampuffs that diden't.

if you have seen "100's of vipers onthe dyno" then 1 of 4 things must be happening

1. Your blind
2. Dyno's are crap
3. Dyno guy is an idiot
4. All the cars you have seen are POS's

in any case I have had my car dyno'd a few times and everytime the HP/TQ are within 10 (give or take) of the numbers I gave you above so its not "fantasy dyno league" its facts.

Besides I will take your disbelief of my numbers as a complement ohh yeah shes a FACTORY FREAK.

Yes yes,

Its is more believable that your car just happens to produce 50 more hp and 100lb's more torque than any other car. :rolleyes:

PS. The dyno I usualy go to happens to be also the one DC uses, AEM uses, Nissan uses, Honda uses, Cosworth(sometimes), not to mention 1/2 of the pro import teams and countless others.

What are your guys credentials?
Who do you use?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no not more then any other car just more then the cars YOU have seen, many people on this board (including myself) HAVE seen numbers even higher then mine with close to the same mods.

even on a mustang dyno which is a good 13% - 17% off my car made over 500 RWTQ but wait thats a fluke too right??

I have had my car on 4 diffrent dynos through the entire time of ownership, with my current setup its been on 2 a dynojet and a mustang dyno the dynojet #'s are the ones your disputing.

Its ok because I have an appointment to have my headers,clutch,flywheel and short throw shifter then im gonna have it dyno'd once at the mustang dyno (to have it tuned) then at a diffrent dynojet (that I have never been too) to get my actual #'s so I will post then for you then however im sure your going to that dyno was B.S. too but ohh well.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so whats an accurate way to test HP/TQ at the wheels??

I always thought it was a dyno but since you seem to dispute everyones dyno sheet, ok I have an idea lets get all the people together that you have disputed their dyno sheets (that will take awhile) and you can call every dyno pleace/tuner and ask for all our moneys back ok?? tell them that YOU know their dyno was wrong and you want a refund ok??

BTW getting off myself and back on to this threads topic my 99 put down 427.2 RWHP bone stock so im sure it is possible that his #'s ARE corrent, not to mention I have delt with that tuner MANY times and I believe Carrot did as well and they or on the money, then again iftheir dyno is "off" then I guess Carrot's #'s are B.S. as well DOUBT IT

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont you find it a bit strange that YOU and Carrot both have amazing numbers? I had no idea prior to your post that both of you dyno at the same facility.

But nah its just a coinsidence...

No one has EVER claimed 500+hp and 580lb's of torque from your mods. Find me 1 other car that has.

PS. What kind of numbers did you pull prior to rockers?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang