Another Viper Disgrace DC Help!

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another sad result at the American LeMans Race at Sonoma. I respect & greatly appreciate the efforts by the American Viperacing Team but how can DC sit back & not help these guys?
They were never in contention. They started far back & finished far back. Almost everyone beat them!
Years of Viper dominance & the establishment of the Viper as THE car to beat are now going down the drain.
Maybe Team Oreca advisors can help?
Maybe new air restrictor rules are needed?
Wake up DC! Your Viper dream is turning out to be a Nightmare!

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, first-off, Viperracing is a privateer team, so compare them to other privateer GTS teams. How about that privateer Corvette team, oh wait...

Oreca pulled-out in order to speed-up development on the Chrysler LMP, which, wink wink, finished 4th at LeMans this year. Not bad for about 2 years of work.

The German part of DC absolutely LOVES the Viper Motorsports division. FIA GT Championships, and overall win at Daytona, 2 ALMS Championships, 3 LMGTS wins in a row. They absolutely love the Viper.

Now, I'd much rather wait and have a GEN 3 car race, which is one of the main reasons we have had a change in most of the bodywork for the new car, since it addresses one of the main competition problems with the current car, the bodywork is far from aerodynamic.

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guyver1:

Now, I'd much rather wait and have a GEN 3 car race, which is one of the main reasons we have had a change in most of the bodywork for the new car, since it addresses one of the main competition problems with the current car, the bodywork is far from aerodynamic.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats the Coef D. of the current viper and the gen3? I think even the new one looks more like a flying brick than the old ones one... waaaaay too much frontal surface area. Maybe theres some better ducting that ive not yet seen. The prototypes ive seen at car shows are supposed to be the road car right?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:

I believe the final stats for viewership of the Monaco Grand Prix this year was 1.1 BILLION viewers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And speed vision wants to go all NAStyCAR....BAH!
Yea, i saw the race this sat... that viper was waaaay back there. There are 2 different model vetts on the track now, the original setup, and now one with a new transaxle setup. I thought that was interesting.
Id actually like to see some McLarens come back and start kicking *** again. The only ones i see run now are in the JGTC. I didnt see one at LeMans, or ALMS.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960