Another VOI 12 Thread

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the other regions have their threads going I thought I would start one for us. Yes, I WILL BE GOING! If anyone has ideas for a caravan down, hotel groups, group events or anything else. Please post. I will detail my plans (if you care) as soon as more details come out (list of events, hotel information, etc.).

Matt

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be going and driving my car there. Would be interested in a caravan, or meeting up with a passing caravan (the NY folks should be coming down 81 or 95).

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. Once we get something established here we can coordinate with the other regions. I plan to drive as well. Should be fun seeing 50+ vipers rolling down the road.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 80% sure I'll be attending...if I hit the lottery between now and then, all the fee's are on me!

If not, I'm terribly sorry, but you're on your own...

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few of us from Delaware going. Caravaning together is a blast. The public rarely sees a viper but when they see several in a row cruising together, what a spectacle. I think my wife is possibly as excited about going as I am. We both enjoyed Texas and Nashville. We still have many of the collectibles and center pieces in our display cases.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, as it gets closer we here on the east coast will be setting up meeting locations as we head down. :2tu: Adrian Byrd

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. We'll probably have a few stops along the I-95 corridor. By the time you guys get down this way I expect to see at least 50 Vipers!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

Thanks for starting this. We will definately be caravaning. We may even be able to get mulitple regions together. I will reach out to other Presidents.

John

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
first the VCA NY Auto Show Stryker Viper party on 4/4..
then VOI 12 on Sept 27 - .. caravan !

ready to go here..

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed! East coast is where it's at this year. And the VA/MD region is sitting right in the middle of everything. It's going to be a good year!

first the VCA NY Auto Show Stryker Viper party on 4/4..
then VOI 12 on Sept 27 - .. caravan !

ready to go here..

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. Can't wait for details to be released so I can start planning. Will definitely try and arange a caravan as well.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Registration has opened today!

I signed up for a room in the main hotel for four nights. Who else has registered? :D

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I signed up to, but in the Hilton Garden Inn. I will be there 5 nights. Leaving Wednesday evening if anyone wants to caravan.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI begins on Thursday evening, September 27th. The last Driver's meeting Q&A session (which we need to attend) is at 4pm. There really isn't anything on the schedule before that other than an earlier Q&A meeting. (see http://www.voi12.com/events.html) I plan to depart Northern VA early on Thursday morning so I have time check into my hotel and the event prior to the first driver's meeting / Q&A session.

I'll be departing Burger King on Rt. 3 in Fredericksburg (map) at 8:00am with a single stop for Gas / Lunch about noon (Burlington NC?). I expect to arrive in Concord NC around 2:00pm.

ROUTE MAP

If you want to join me leave a message here, shoot me a PM, or call/txt seven-zero-three 850 seven 847

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you like me to forward on to our mailing list? Unfortunately, I need to leave the day before to be there for the Presidents meeting.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be good. If anyone wants to leave on Thursday they're welcome to join me. You're welcome to include my e-mail address when you send it out (m**kcorn****@gmail.com)

Thanks!

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Registered, signed up, driving down with caravan the 26th with PA,OHIO, etc.. five nights at the Wyndham. Let's roll !

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Several Vipers from central NC will be traveling along I85, and here's the current plan for Thurs 9/27:

10am: Meet at I40 Exit 154 in Mebane NC (the Tanger Outlets exit) at the Sheetz (1237 Mebane Oaks Road, Mebane, NC)
10:15am: Depart Sheetz
11:45am: Arrive at I85 Exit 76 in Salisbury NC at the ******* Barrel for lunch (1070 Freeland Dr, Salisbury, NC)
1:15pm: Depart ******* Barrel for VOI
2pm: Arrive at VOI site (plenty of time for hotel check-in, registration, attending the afternoon driving information session, etc.)

It would be very cool if y'all can meet up with us..

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan to hook up with you guys at the Sheetz. Anyone coming down the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel from Deleware and the Eastern Shore who will be traveling 13 to 64 to 58 to 85 South... let me know and we can meet up as you pass through Norfolk/Va Beach. I'll be leaving the Hampton Roads area around 6AM to meet up with the Carolina club by 10AM.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I plan on traveling down the Bridge Tunnel on Wed morning.
Havent put much thought into planning as of yet, just didn't
want to start off the event exhausted. Might wait until later
to avoid traffic though...

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm in and plan to go down on Thursday morning. I will be trailering my Viper and bringing some tools just incase anything happens. I will have tire plugs, an air pump, oil, coolant and any extras anyone can suggest or maybe would like me to transport.

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last track event my brakes went out. So, extra pads and tools to change them may be my key items. But I'm traveling for two and space will be limited. To bring the spare or not to bring the spare? That is the question. I'm picking up two racing helmets this week over at OG racing probably. Anyone wanting information let me know.

I will be leaving Wednesday evening after work, so I will likely miss many of the caravans. I will keep my eyes open though and hook up with anyone I find. See you guys there!

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since a third Petty session has been added (4 pm is back on!) we're now going back to the original plan of meeting at the Sheetz gas station in Mebane at 10 a.m. Thursday morning. See post #22 above for the details.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper