Any Build Issues on the SRT?

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While still waiting for my SRT, I went to the dealership with my friend and picked his up yesterday. There are two things that I noticed. I wonder if anyone else has experienced them. 1) There seems to be wind noise from the leading edge of the passenger side window...even at low speeds. 2) When the electric fan kicks on to assist with radiator cooling, the vibration can be felt in the pedals (clutch, brake and gas). Anyone else experience these issues? :usa:

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is wind noise, but I seem to notice it on both sides. I just noticed it the first drive or two, then it didn't bother me anymore.

Don't know about the fan problem. Don't know if it has ever kicked on (700 miles), but if it has, no vibration.

By the way, my drivers side window has resumed failing again (where the glass smacks the windshield piller) when closing the door. Watch out you don't break the glass. Last time it sounded like a firecracker going off. Disturbing!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also noted the wind noise. First time I noticed was the second drive. I did not notice it the first drive. Both were about the same distance (30 miles each). Only change was between I put the top down to try it out. Thought the windows did not go up all the way or something else that could have changed from operating the top and windows.

Won't be able to find out more until this $#@%$#$## cold snap stops and reasonable weather returns.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ the fan on the SRT is the same as what is on your Comp Coupe is is driven off of the power steering system.But I don't know about the vibration.

OP
OP
Russ Oasis

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
I'm not sure that the vibration I am referring to is the fan run off the power steering pump. Dave Ivler will be over tomorrow and I'll check it out a bit further. So far both Dave and Ivan ** have experienced it on their cars. As far as the CC goes, I would have to assume that it is on all the time and have never felt it (although that is the least that I'm concerned with in that ride).
Russ :usa:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Russ,

Compared to past models the build quality is excellent, and we are finding alot less concerns with the cars coming from CAAP. I , personally, have had
no complaints of wind noise other than what is normal with a true convertible. Either way, I would have to honestly project that the 2003 , though
still hand built, seems to have a fit and finish more akin to a robot driven assembly line process. We will surely find some items that need to be tweaked
but our initial assessment is that DC has exceeded our expectations.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Car is very Hot on the inside, even with the top down. I had the car in Florida last and was not happy about the heat.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HMMM, heat issue. I think they should have kept the crotch cooler vents. My underwear gets so cold in the summer, I have to knock the icicles off my na-nas.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! (Another shameful Woodhouse plug.)

Just got a call from Nancy Shanno, and she got Rick Maxwell (tech) on the phone and talked about my window problems (see above post). Both Nancy and Rick deliver cars in amongst their other many jobs, and the next time they are in KC, Rick will look at my window and see what needs to be done.

I didn't even call 'em --- somebody up there (Bill P??) probably saw the post and took action. What a wonderful company!