Any custom orders out of 'production scheduled' status

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did u order red seat belts?
Yes Maureen, light at the end of the tunnel! Well, it's kind of a dim light, at least I think it's a light. Hope it's not just a firefly buzzing around. As long as I have the car by end of June for my Laguna Seca weekend, it's all good.

Craigers15, that's good news that they say they've got all your parts. Hopefully that means the custom orders are going to begin soon.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I toyed with the red seat belts but I was concerned that with the fabrics being different that they might not match and that worried me!! Having the black contrast will be fine!!

And I just called that number and I guess it's just too early for me..I'm scheduled to get built but no dates or other info is available yet.
That's okay..I'm content to wait as long as I know it will happen...(hopefully sooner than later..)...LOL!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: My estimated ship date has changed from May 1 to May 21. So there's a chance I'll have it by Memorial Day. They updated the Priced Order Confirmation (POC) with this info within the last 2 weeks. So at least they're revising the schedule. I'll take any sign of life at this point, LOL.

You can also get your updated estimated ship date by calling Chrysler at 800-247-9753, and just stay on the line until a live person answers. Both my dealer and this 800 number gave me the same revised ship date. Thanks MoparMan for the tip on this.

Glad you got some useful information. The folks at that number were very nice and very helpful. Infortunately for me, my ship date still shows as 3/11 and no updates yet so I assume my wait will be longer than yours.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the tip on the phone #. I'll call tomorrow & report back. Communicated with my salesman today via e-mail and we speculated a July-ish completion time......tick tock.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally if it is past July I'll be even more pissed, because VA raised god damned car sales tax starting July 1.

Sorry, I don't want to pay an extra dime to Uncle Sam for anything. I already pay more than my fair share and receive pittance in return!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahhh the tax man. yup I'm gettin hit 50 cents on the dollar or more when u figure in income, sales, excise, payroll, real estate and business taxes. All so the 1/2 that doesnt pay any tax can sit home and watch soap operas all day ;)

hope we were wrong about our production timeframe speculation. seems like the anticipation of getting this car is superceding the car itself at this point.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hee hee. well, I tried the 800 # today. Spoke with a live person & she said that I've been in D1 status for 9 days now. I guess this is where they obtain all parts and then schedule the build. She said about 20-30 days from here for that but its taken with a grain of salt based upon what's transpired (or what hasn't LOL)

My salesman also seems to think that next week things will be in high gear (pun intended) at the factory. Tick Tock.:cool:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yikes. how frustrating. the obama bailout $$ was plentiful LOL so I dont know why they aren't building these things. Payroll should be solvent....or is it? hmmmm...

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Double yikes. See some continuity in American work. Had a large scale outdoor project and the south american & european companies ran circles around the American one. Working harder faster and for less.

Well I promised myself something new this season. Test drove the new Maserati Granturismo Sportline Vert & the engine had no balld & it felt feminine. I'm gonna go test drive the new McLaren again. They've come down 30% in value & its a lot of car for the $$.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Viper went into FRAME status yesterday (5/3). Glad to see some progress being made.

Vin #39 custom build, solid white SRT w/ track pack, black leather, and nav package.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hope it doesnt turn into a situation like axl rose or Dr. Dre putting out lots of hype about a record that never comes or donald trump putting out the vibe of a potential presidential candidacy that never occurs. I think the difference is that the Gen V after all the hype & anticipation will in fact come, it'll just be late.

Hope the car lives up to the hype becuase its got a lot of hype to compete with....

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Viper went into FRAME status yesterday (5/3). Glad to see some progress being made.

Vin #39 custom build, solid white SRT w/ track pack, black leather, and nav package.

Just an update. It reached Trim Status today. 5/7

This is the last build step, followed by "Final Inspection". Basically installing the interior and exterior trim.

WOOOT!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is the last build step, followed by "Final Inspection". Basically installing the interior and exterior trim.

WOOOT!

Man, that was fast!! Four days and the beast is almost built. I seem to remember reading somewhere that once the factory is reaching optimum capacity, it takes only three days to build a Viper. Congrats!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WOOOT!
Congrats! Please post photos when you get it. White was my second choice of colors behind black.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool. keep us posted on time frame with final inspection/shipment/delivery so we can have a time table. I have an exotic supercar event on 6/16 to benefit the Boston Marathon Bombing Victims and had planned on registering the Bentley but perhaps a new snake will slither in instead!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cars are being done and we have three that have popped over to framing. What one must understand is calling the numbers at Chrysler to check on D1 or other status will get the same answer as if calling on a Chrysler 300. The build sequence and time in status has never been the same for a Viper since it is hand built ( I status can be gauged in weeks, whereas a production line car is often not even a day ). For an example a regular vehicle once it goes to KZ status can take 3-4 weeks to get delivered quite often. There are times a Viper gets delivered a few days after it goes to KZ , as it comes directly by truck ( Reliable ). The key point is that cars are moving that are custom built and once a letter designation changes ( beyond D1 ) it is then somewhat easier to extrapolate when your beast might arrive. We have seen movement on both days this week, so I would imagine data will be forthcoming with more regularity now.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also went into frame status 5/3 but still in frame status today...much different experience this time around compared to my purchases of my previous Vipers!!

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still in frame here as well, but I am within 7 cars of nineball. Hopefully I'll pop over to paint/trim tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960